The Noodle.....
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

The Noodle.....

This is a discussion on The Noodle..... within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Horsey what to put on noodles
  • Horse trail using noodles

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-09-2009, 07:25 PM
  #1
Foal
The Noodle.....

HA HA, you just had to see what the title was all about huh?? LMAO

I tell you what, those darn pool foam noodles are awsome for desensitizing!! Went shopping today and was at the Dollar Store and grabbed a bright yellow one for $2. Tell you what sure gets the ponies attention a bright yellow thing waving about, you would of thought a wolf was wandering the pasture with the way they were facing about, ears forward, and big ol eyes!! Out of all the horses, only 2, were not totally freaked out by it when I went into the pasture with it.

Anyhow, training with Fancy was great, I had her doing the forward walk with non-direct pressure and was waving the noodle directly in front of her, behind her, and waving lengh of her body over top of her. Did that on both sides, then still doing the non-direct walking I placed the noodle in front of her front legs so as she walked she would kick it. She didnt care at all. So I placed it under her belly behind her front legs so again she would bump it as she walked. Still no problem. Repeated the whole thing with her hind legs, NOTHING!! Didnt care at all. Repeated same thing on her right side and she was great.

I going to start playing with the tarps on the ground next because sofar everything I think may be "spooky" she looks at it like I am stupid or something. I going to try the driving whip with a bag on it too see how she takes that one tomorrow if I get time. Anyhow, I don't have anyone to take pics as I do this stuff, but here are a few I got today with The Noodle, and her ground tying. Hope you enjoy!!

Here the pic link.... Picasa Web Albums - Kristen - Fancy Trainin...#
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    04-09-2009, 09:41 PM
  #2
Green Broke
Well CopperHorse, that's really using your "noodle"!

Sorry for the terrrible pun, just couldn't resist!
     
    04-09-2009, 11:14 PM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkamile    
Well CopperHorse, that's really using your "noodle"!

Sorry for the terrrible pun, just couldn't resist!

LMAO, ah no problem, actually I got a kick out of it.
     
    04-10-2009, 12:55 AM
  #4
Foal
Oh my women the things you come up with. I love the dork pics. You really are using your noodle. Comeon now think of something really scary that she wouldn't ever see in her life. Well that could be a lil chalanging but hey you will think of something.
     
    04-10-2009, 09:33 AM
  #5
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzyBoy    
oh my women the things you come up with. I love the dork pics. You really are using your noodle. Comeon now think of something really scary that she wouldn't ever see in her life. Well that could be a lil chalanging but hey you will think of something.

LMAO, hey I was having fun with that one. Not every day a horse sees a bright yellow thing waving about. More so then the foam I choose it for the color. My old gelding sees that hunter orange when the guys are walking in the woods and he totally freaks, because its bright, AND moving. That bright of color just isnt natural in the "horse world"

So besides looking like an idiot on here, LOL, it actually was worth the $2 because its soft enouph it wont hurt them, but the color is what freaks them out more then the foam its self.
     
    04-10-2009, 05:09 PM
  #6
Green Broke
The more things you expose your horse to the better. Of course you can't expose them to absolutely everything, but you keep reinforcing to them that you will not do them any harm and they can trust you to keep them safe. To trust you, in pasture,stall, trail, arena anywhere.

If a noodle caused your horse to go "what's that!", then it's a great aid in helping accomplish this task.

I think you have hit upon a great teaching aid and should do a DVD called "Using your noodle for good not evil"

Put your logo on it and charge an exorbitant amount and there you go! Remember, if it costs a lot, it must be "worth it"!

Okay, I'm stopping now because I am thinking of so many "fun" ways to market and use "your noodle"!
     
    04-11-2009, 07:55 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkamile    
The more things you expose your horse to the better. Of course you can't expose them to absolutely everything, but you keep reinforcing to them that you will not do them any harm and they can trust you to keep them safe. To trust you, in pasture,stall, trail, arena anywhere.

If a noodle caused your horse to go "what's that!", then it's a great aid in helping accomplish this task.

I think you have hit upon a great teaching aid and should do a DVD called "Using your noodle for good not evil"

Put your logo on it and charge an exorbitant amount and there you go! Remember, if it costs a lot, it must be "worth it"!

Okay, I'm stopping now because I am thinking of so many "fun" ways to market and use "your noodle"!

Tell you what, I split profit 50/50 with you if you want to be the person doing all the training in the video.... I to darn camera shy!!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0