problome with lunge - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

problome with lunge

This is a discussion on problome with lunge within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-13-2012, 04:41 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    You should try to get a video. So your saying...that when you hit her with the whip she rears (?), turns and comes straight at you..? Im not really sure what your saying. Did you have this "trainer" watch you and try to help you? You really really need to get some help before you get hurt and you teach her bad habits.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-13-2012, 04:46 PM
      #12
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by althea44    
    ok
    So we only have a like sort of a small meadow
    So I can't use a round pen...

    And that's exactly what that happens
    She simpely don't know what to do...
    And beacus I don't have a round pen it's kind of a problom...
    Well you definitely need an enclosed area. It is important you start small and go off some of our suggestions on here, but if you are not able then you need to get someone else to help you immediately. Like you said, you are scared and that makes it worse for handling the horse. My 3 year old did some of these things as a 2 year old, and I was fortunate enough to have my dad help me. Without him, I would have had to get someone else involved.
         
        08-13-2012, 04:52 PM
      #13
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Army wife    
    You should try to get a video. So your saying...that when you hit her with the whip she rears (?), turns and comes straight at you..? Im not really sure what your saying. Did you have this "trainer" watch you and try to help you? You really really need to get some help before you get hurt and you teach her bad habits.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarbare    
    Well you definitely need an enclosed area. It is important you start small and go off some of our suggestions on here, but if you are not able then you need to get someone else to help you immediately. Like you said, you are scared and that makes it worse for handling the horse. My 3 year old did some of these things as a 2 year old, and I was fortunate enough to have my dad help me. Without him, I would have had to get someone else involved.
    well I gess i'll just talk to the trainer because I see
    Its very not good
    I knew that it's a big problem before but if even you guy's can't help it's
    Not a good sign

    Thank you all for your help :)
         
        08-13-2012, 05:29 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    "LOL she really not good and cute like this >.<
    But other than that she's perfect
    It's just that if I will use the whip she will get on two legs and
    Crush me
    And I really don't want that to hapen, I have talked to a
    Trainer, and when he lunge's she doesn't do enything wrong
    And I just don't know how to handle her"

    Then you should have shown the trainer what she does with you and asked what you should do. We can try to explain but someone is person can help a lot better.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        08-13-2012, 05:35 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by althea44    
    well I gess i'll just talk to the trainer because I see
    Its very not good
    I knew that it's a big problem before but if even you guy's can't help it's
    Not a good sign

    Thank you all for your help :)
    We can offer all the suggestions in the world but we can't help you understand them well enough to carry them out. We also can't physically see what the horse is doing (and what cues you might inadvertently be giving her).

    We don't want to tell you "try this!" and then have you get hurt because you aren't quite sure how to execute things. That's why it would be better to have a good trainer work with you, or even train the horse for you if you that would be better and safer for you and the mare.
         
        08-13-2012, 07:38 PM
      #16
    Started
    If its you and she is good for the trainer than see if the trainer can teach you how to lunge. There is more to lunging then putting a horse on long line and letting it run around. There can also be a lot of things to manage, the horse, the rope, the extra rope, the whip and the circling. I would see if your trainer can help you.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    To Lunge or Not to Lunge arrowsaway Gaited Horses 17 02-01-2012 11:32 PM
    His first lunge Tejas Horse Videos 10 02-06-2011 10:33 AM
    To lunge or not to lunge, that is the question! melinda27858 Horse Training 51 01-17-2011 09:00 PM
    To lunge or not to lunge... MissPhoebe Horse Training 27 08-28-2010 09:18 PM
    Lunge? FGRanch Horse Training 15 11-08-2009 01:52 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0