Real Dressage!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Real Dressage!

This is a discussion on Real Dressage! within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Dressage posting riding footage

Like Tree230Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-16-2011, 11:29 PM
  #1
Trained
Real Dressage!

This is real dressage! I would give my right arm to ride with this guy for a month.

     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-16-2011, 11:39 PM
  #2
Banned
Nice arena.

No comment on the "dressage".
     
    12-16-2011, 11:42 PM
  #3
Yearling
Kevin, why do you consider this real dressage? I'm just curious!
     
    12-16-2011, 11:46 PM
  #4
Green Broke
I have one thing to say

DROOOOOOOL!

And, I am so not worthy of riding a horse like THAT.....yet!
     
    12-16-2011, 11:47 PM
  #5
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dressage10135    
Kevin, why do you consider this real dressage? I'm just curious!
Because he is talking about the real art of dressage being about communication with the horse, and how proper communication is the core...

That's why I would call it real dressage, anyway
kevinshorses likes this.
     
    12-16-2011, 11:48 PM
  #6
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnys Whinny    
I have one thing to say

DROOOOOOOL!

And, I am so not worthy of riding a horse like THAT.....yet!
Pretty talented horses.. but I just don't feel that way about it *shrug*
     
    12-16-2011, 11:48 PM
  #7
Super Moderator
You know the name Nuno Oliveira? He is considered by many to be the greatest 20th century dressage rider. I think he died in the 60's, I know he is long gone. There is not a lot of quality footage of him riding, but wathcing this man's seat is a joy to behold.

     
    12-16-2011, 11:59 PM
  #8
Super Moderator
Wow, I am gratified to know that you all know of him. He is my absolute idol.
     
    12-16-2011, 11:59 PM
  #9
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyliny    
You know the name Nuno Oliveira? He is considered by many to be the greatest 20th century dressage rider. I think he died in the 60's, I know he is long gone. There is not a lot of quality footage of him riding, but wathcing this man's seat is a joy to behold.

Nuno Oliveira - YouTube
Now THAT is someone who makes me wish I was born 60 years earlier, one ride under him, that's all I ask for! What an amazing man
     
    12-17-2011, 12:01 AM
  #10
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyliny    
Wow, I am gratified to know that you all know of him. He is my absolute idol.
Tiny, not knowing of Nuno as a dressage rider, is like not knowing what canter is. He was such an influential figure in the dressage world, such an amazing horseman
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not sure if this is for real or not LOL AislingxXx1234 Barn Maintenance 22 08-19-2011 10:49 PM
The real, true, and unexplainable rules of dressage upnover Dressage 10 05-28-2011 02:05 PM
Is this for real?! justjump Horse Talk 35 03-02-2011 09:58 AM
Had my first real dressage lesson today! equestrian Dressage 3 12-25-2010 01:35 PM
Is this for real!!! juneau Horses for Sale 21 12-27-2009 10:20 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0