Resisent Free Trained Horses, HELP ME?! - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Resisent Free Trained Horses, HELP ME?!

This is a discussion on Resisent Free Trained Horses, HELP ME?! within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-14-2009, 09:31 AM
      #11
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by goldilockz    
    I read that, my question is how does it differ from "regular" training (that isn't abuse)?
    Ah, well that's an entirely different question than what you originally asked.

    I assume, based on the information the OP has given us that resistance free training means you don't care that the horse is sore, has a saddle that doesn't fit and tries to bite you when you cinch up the saddle.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-14-2009, 09:39 AM
      #12
    Weanling
    Ok, thanks :]
         
        07-14-2009, 09:41 AM
      #13
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mercedes    
    Ah, well that's an entirely different question than what you originally asked.

    I assume, based on the information the OP has given us that resistance free training means you don't care that the horse is sore, has a saddle that doesn't fit and tries to bite you when you cinch up the saddle.
    It's pretty much the same question. "What is ___" and "What is the difference between _____ and _____" is, at it's foundation, the same question asked two ways.

    Anyway... now I'm confused because you've contradicted yourself. If she meant the horse is never harmed during training, how do you come to the conclusion that resistance free training means you don't care that the horse is sore?

    It is way too early in the morning for me

    ETA: Nevermind, I googled it and have my answer. Thanks anyway! :)
         
        07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
      #14
    Weanling
    No, resisent freee training is like you never harm the horse or hurt the horse in any way,
         
        07-14-2009, 11:09 AM
      #15
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by goldilockz    
    It's pretty much the same question. "What is ___" and "What is the difference between _____ and _____" is, at it's foundation, the same question asked two ways.

    Anyway... now I'm confused because you've contradicted yourself. If she meant the horse is never harmed during training, how do you come to the conclusion that resistance free training means you don't care that the horse is sore?

    It is way too early in the morning for me

    ETA: Nevermind, I googled it and have my answer. Thanks anyway! :)
    It wasn't even close to being the same question and I was being sarcastic in my answer. Like, no kidding there's a contradiction here.

    I hear coffee helps.
         
        07-14-2009, 11:17 AM
      #16
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mercedes    
    It wasn't even close to being the same question and I was being sarcastic in my answer. Like, no kidding there's a contradiction here.

    I hear coffee helps.
    No need to be rude or condescending.

    I don't drink coffee for two reasons: One, I'm pregnant, and Two, it's nasty.
         
        07-14-2009, 11:34 AM
      #17
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by goldilockz    
    No need to be rude or condescending.

    I don't drink coffee for two reasons: One, I'm pregnant, and Two, it's nasty.
    I wasn't. It's called the truth.

    I don't do coffee either. Tastes like crap.
         
        07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
      #18
    Weanling
    The trainer's do care, and they have the best intrest at heart...
         
        07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
      #19
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustLeaveIt2Mya    
    the trainer's do care, and they have the best intrest at heart...
    I care alot and if I did something to damage a horse either physically or mentally I could not sleep. I should watch that word physical because I will use force to get what I want but nothing that really hurts the horse.
    Example. Tying a horse securely to a solid object and expecting him to stay. He can fight it if he wants, physical restraint but he will remain tied.
         
        07-14-2009, 03:04 PM
      #20
    Weanling
    Check your saddle fit, make sure you aren't cranking on the cinch when you tighten it up and check for soreness. Sounds more like he's in pain and is trying to tell you something vs. it being behavioral. Also- using a bunch of padding can actually exacerbate a saddle fit problem.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    How well trained are these horses? smrobs Draft Horses 10 02-14-2010 04:06 PM
    Free Horses FGRanch Horse Talk 27 01-07-2009 01:10 PM
    FREE ALMOST HORSES Dave Horse Riding 6 10-02-2008 09:22 PM
    Wanted: Calm well trained horses and their riders ivyschex Horse Shows 0 03-07-2008 03:23 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0