Well, on the legal issues, my fiance is a lawyer and would have no problem whipping up a contract that puts me not at fault if something happens. Additionally, I have two of the signs that state the same according to Georgia law.
I know I have to wait a while, I just wondered what would be the best way to start while I was thinking about it.
As for his height, breed, bloodlines, etc., he's not registered as anything, as neither of his parents are. His dad is about 10 h, and his mom is about 11 h. My mom does pony rides, and just lets her stud pasture breed once or twice a year.