Trailer Loading Problem - Emergency! - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

Trailer Loading Problem - Emergency!

This is a discussion on Trailer Loading Problem - Emergency! within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category
  • Horse head bumper pad
  • Bumper pads for horses head

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-30-2011, 08:57 PM
  #21
Trained
JDI, don't you think if the horse knows he has a tie-down on he will not even attempt a rear? Assuming, of course, that the horse has basic training.

In my situation, it wasn't a rear, it was simply a head throw, as the OP described. I don't recall her feet coming off the floor of the trailer, though I could be wrong. What I needed to do was keep that head down, not prevent rearing. That nightmare co$t me an after hours vet trip.

Those helmets and pads really don't seem enough to protect the horse. Looking at the fly protector in your avatar, that would be good if it extended another 3 or 4 inches back, but I've never seen a bumper pad like that.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-30-2011, 09:43 PM
  #22
Showing
Nope. Even the most trained horses can get panicky.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 09:58 PM
  #23
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernMama    
JDI, don't you think if the horse knows he has a tie-down on he will not even attempt a rear? Assuming, of course, that the horse has basic training.

In my situation, it wasn't a rear, it was simply a head throw, as the OP described. I don't recall her feet coming off the floor of the trailer, though I could be wrong. What I needed to do was keep that head down, not prevent rearing. That nightmare co$t me an after hours vet trip.

Those helmets and pads really don't seem enough to protect the horse. Looking at the fly protector in your avatar, that would be good if it extended another 3 or 4 inches back, but I've never seen a bumper pad like that.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 10:07 PM
  #24
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by zena 2008    
Posted via Mobile Device
Taking the two back doors and making one
Large door. Hope this will help some.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 10:41 PM
  #25
Showing
If a horse gets panicky and hits the end of a restraining device (tiedown) that can most definitely cause them to panic and blow up. I would hate to put a trigger like that on a potentially already dangerous situation. I would never restrain a horse's head in that way in this situation.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 10:56 PM
  #26
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
If a horse gets panicky and hits the end of a restraining device (tiedown) that can most definitely cause them to panic and blow up. I would hate to put a trigger like that on a potentially already dangerous situation. I would never restrain a horse's head in that way in this situation.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 10:59 PM
  #27
Foal
My biggest problem is getting him into a closed side by side two horse trailer.he just pulls back np rearing,throwing his head up.Just dors not like small places.i'll get him in there someday
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 11:04 PM
  #28
Showing
Im sorry, Zena - are you looking for advice? I am confused by your posts - please clarify?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 11:13 PM
  #29
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
Im sorry, Zena - are you looking for advice? I am confused by your posts - please clarify?
Posted via Mobile Device
No just making a statement on my problem
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-30-2011, 11:23 PM
  #30
Showing
If you are looking for advice regarding your specific situation, it might be best to start a thread asking for advice about your particular problem :)
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awesome trailer loading kitten_Val Natural Horsemanship 0 03-21-2011 08:15 PM
Trailer loading :( EmilyRosie Horse Training 6 10-10-2010 06:21 PM
Trailer Loading... tips and tricks? RubaiyateBandit Horse Training 38 04-25-2009 11:21 PM
Loading into trailer - DIFFERENT problem kitten_Val Horse Training 16 05-25-2008 03:09 AM
Trailer loading problems john2srep Horse Training 8 12-07-2007 11:09 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0