I'm really on the fence about if I should get Divo broke to ride or not, especially since it's almost September already. He's five years old, plenty of ground work and what not, I feel that I could ride him myself but am afraid I'd ruin him. I know of a good trainer that charges $300 for 30 days, I've heard nothing but positive reviews about her and she's relatively close.
Should I just work with him myself, and possibly ride him? I can lean all over him and hang on his butt and back on a daily basis. I haven't sat on him, just laid my upper body weight on him, rubbed him all over, picked up his feet, etc. both in the pasture and out. He looovvveessss butt scratches.
Or should I send him to the trainer? I really worry about sending him off, since he's a definite 'keeper'. It's the same with Loki, I could enjoy him a LOT more, especially on trails, but I refuse to have him trained and ridden by someone else. Call me selfish, but he's my truly special boy
Orrr...should I wait until spring, THEN send him off to the trainer for a month? I fear if I send him now, IF I send him at all, that winter would then promptly roll around and he wouldn't be ridden for a few months.