Training Pumpkin and Chinga - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 07:02 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,412
• Horses: 1
Pumpkin is comfortable with a rider, he just prefers to do what he wants. as for the jumping, Pumpkin can clear high poles, he is hardly trying when being jumped at the moment. I can see your point though, but me as Pumpkins owner, i know that he is ready to be a little more challenged. Chingaz is just teaching him some manners under the saddle. From where i stand and watch Pumpkin being jumped, he can go a fair bit higher. he is confident at the hights he is already jumping.
PumpkinzMyBaby22 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 07:05 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 157
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinzMyBaby22 View Post
Pumpkin is comfortable with a rider, he just prefers to do what he wants. as for the jumping, Pumpkin can clear high poles, he is hardly trying when being jumped at the moment. I can see your point though, but me as Pumpkins owner, i know that he is ready to be a little more challenged. Chingaz is just teaching him some manners under the saddle. From where i stand and watch Pumpkin being jumped, he can go a fair bit higher. he is confident at the hights he is already jumping.
Read my post again, as I was talking about Chinga's jumping, not Pumpkin's.

ChingazMyBoy should not be teaching you manners. From what I've read in her posts, she would not be able to control a bucking/difficult horse to save herself. If she can't do this then she isn't trustworthy or capable enough to be called a trainer.
Beloved Killer is offline  
post #23 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,412
• Horses: 1
My pony has bolted on her a few times... bucking as well and she reined him in pretty quikley.
i've gotta say i'm impressed with the way she handled him.

As for Chingas Jumping, i see where your coming from clearly, but she doesn't move really high to quickly. if He is still uncertain about a jump, she gives him a break from that one and tries something lower.
PumpkinzMyBaby22 is offline  
post #24 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 157
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinzMyBaby22 View Post
My pony has bolted on her a few times... bucking as well and she reined him in pretty quikley.
i've gotta say i'm impressed with the way she handled him.

As for Chingas Jumping, i see where your coming from clearly, but she doesn't move really high to quickly. if He is still uncertain about a jump, she gives him a break from that one and tries something lower.
Jumping isn't about pointing your horse towards and object and praying that you get over the other side. It's about form and consistency, also control. From what we've seen, Pumpkin seems to rush over the jumps and Chinga is stressing the whole time that he's jumping. He's still, he doesn't know when to take off, how high to jump...

Am I making my point yet?
Beloved Killer is offline  
post #25 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 4,488
• Horses: 1
He does. I'll do WHAT I WANT WITH MY HORSE! So just leave us alone, he isn't worried about jumping. I was trotting him around and he STEARED HIMSELF towards the jump. It is something he loves. He was stressed the other day and that was because there were around 5-7 people there and he was extremly stresed about people! We are having a lesson tommorow so my instructor can tell me that WITHOUT abusing me! I've worked very hard to get my horse where he is and I've had many people watch him jump who CAN ride and they say I AM NOT pushing him! He is in control. Okay he isn't the smartest horse and sometimes trys to step over them but he CAN jump. He also does know where to take off, for what feels comfortable for him.

What you said made me feel like I KILLED my horse. I love him more then ANYTHING in the world. So:

A. Offer advice NICLY!
B. Don't offer it AT ALL.

Sir Success. Eventer.
2000 - 2013,
ChingazMyBoy is offline  
post #26 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 4,488
• Horses: 1
From Chingazmyboy's mother: My girl own's a horse. From your profile you don't. I think this web site is great for getting advise,but so far you have only been rude and unhelpful and offered nothing useful. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!!!

Sir Success. Eventer.
2000 - 2013,
ChingazMyBoy is offline  
post #27 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Uranus.
Posts: 419
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy View Post
From Chingazmyboy's mother: My girl own's a horse. From your profile you don't. I think this web site is great for getting advise,but so far you have only been rude and unhelpful and offered nothing useful. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!!!

Just putting it out there, I have horses and I don't have them on my profile. Not everyone on here announces if they have horses or not.
& You can be experienced with horses without owning one. Owning one doesn't always make you a pro.

Not a dig at anyone, just saying.

It is not enough for a man to know how to ride; he must know how to fall.
Fire Eyes is offline  
post #28 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 157
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy View Post
From Chingazmyboy's mother: My girl own's a horse. From your profile you don't. I think this web site is great for getting advise,but so far you have only been rude and unhelpful and offered nothing useful. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!!!
I have not been rude, I have simply stated that from what has been displayed on this forum from your daughter, she is taking no advice from this website, despite asking for it regularly and complaining when it is given, she is stunting the growth of her horse. The chances of your horses steering itself towards a horse is one in a million. If he is running off then you are being irrisponsible.

Chingaz, if you really need to run off and get some assistance from your mother because you can't hack the slightest bit of criticism then life is going to eat you up. If you really want to be a trainer then DO IT RIGHT WITHOUT CAUSING POTENTIAL HARM TO YOUR HORSE, not to mention other people's horses.

That is all I have to say on the matter. If you are offered advice then take it because you are not as experienced as you think you are. After all, you are a very young girl and have a lot to learn just like myself and a lot of other members on here.
Beloved Killer is offline  
post #29 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 4,488
• Horses: 1
Okay your point is made, but if you saw us jumping the day after his ears couldn't go any more futher fowards. So I don't believe he is stressed about jumping. I think he looked stressed in the video because there were alot of people around and alot of people can make him slightly nervous. I am awear Pumpkin rushes jumps. He only does it on the bigger ones. I am working on slowing him down over them but its a slow process. Pumpkin isn't really getting trained by me he is just getting shown manners.

I am having a lesson with my instructor today on Chinga, so we will be able to look at our jump as a whole. Not just before it, over it and landing it. What set me off was "She couldn't stop a bolting/bucking horse to save herself" I CAN. I've gotten one horse out of its bolting and bucking. One out of its bucking and another horse out of its bucking.

I understand that I have alot to learn, you can't know everything about horses.

I've watched the video of him jumping several times and I think he is taking off at the correct spot, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sir Success. Eventer.
2000 - 2013,
ChingazMyBoy is offline  
post #30 of 38 Old 07-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 157
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy View Post
Okay your point is made, but if you saw us jumping the day after his ears couldn't go any more futher fowards. So I don't believe he is stressed about jumping. I think he looked stressed in the video because there were alot of people around and alot of people can make him slightly nervous. I am awear Pumpkin rushes jumps. He only does it on the bigger ones. I am working on slowing him down over them but its a slow process. Pumpkin isn't really getting trained by me he is just getting shown manners.

I am having a lesson with my instructor today on Chinga, so we will be able to look at our jump as a whole. Not just before it, over it and landing it. What set me off was "She couldn't stop a bolting/bucking horse to save herself" I CAN. I've gotten one horse out of its bolting and bucking. One out of its bucking and another horse out of its bucking.

I understand that I have alot to learn, you can't know everything about horses.

I've watched the video of him jumping several times and I think he is taking off at the correct spot, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, because he is stressed about the upcoming jump, not because he is excited. You can sugar coat it however you like.

Personally, I think that you are rushing him and that he needs to jump smaller jumps more consistently first.
Beloved Killer is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A month of dressage training or hunter/jumper training? kerplop Horse Training 13 10-05-2012 02:06 PM
Diary Of Chinga and Maddie ChingazMyBoy Member Journals 11 07-22-2009 08:01 PM
Chinga needs a Show Name!?! ChingazMyBoy Horse Talk 11 07-21-2009 07:05 AM
Chinga! ChingazMyBoy Horse Pictures 12 05-18-2009 09:43 PM
Meet Chinga! ChingazMyBoy Horse Pictures 4 04-25-2009 08:45 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome