What is this called? - Page 2

       The Horse Forum > Training Horses > Horse Training

What is this called?

This is a discussion on What is this called? within the Horse Training forums, part of the Training Horses category

    Like Tree6Likes

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-09-2013, 05:13 AM
    Green Broke
    Originally Posted by boots    
    Don't expect too much too soon. It takes developing muscles in a new way to hold that stance. Even for horses that have the conformation to do it well.

    Have fun and send pics when you get yours going on this.

    It doesn't take any time at all for them to learn this, and any horse can do it for that matter. And doesn't take developing muscles either for it.

    This should take no more than couple of times to teach, and have horse doing it well as feet are moved fore and back.

    And moving front feet forwards while the back are still is best way to teach it. Backing a horse into it is counterproductive, and I've never seen anyone teach it that way for that matter. Somewhere some may? But not in any training barn I've been in, nor done by anyone I know. We all plant backs, tap them forwards on the front.

    And dragging it out by eventually teaching a voice command? Is also counterproductive. Horses can learn something like this all together, no need to make it harder than it is.

    One of easiest things to teach actually.

    Pretty similar to what they do when urinating in stance for that matter.
    Sponsored Links
        04-14-2013, 12:33 AM
    Yep, what she said.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What is this called? Horatio Horse Conformation Critique 9 02-28-2013 01:34 AM
    What is this called? Equilove Horse Conformation Critique 8 01-18-2012 01:05 PM
    What are these called and where can I get them? :D SorrelHorse Horse Tack and Equipment 4 09-21-2011 01:47 PM
    What is this called? Emma7442 Horse Tack and Equipment 2 09-30-2008 01:55 PM
    a horse called Red, a relationship called love... ADozenRoses&Red Horse Stories and Poems 0 07-15-2007 03:21 PM

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0