*giggles* I just loved this. This is a video of our coach/trainer (the girl who rides Jynx) doing "rookie reining" on her Dressage Trakehner, Dominator. He's schooling third level movements, and they'll be competing second level next show. She's only been riding this horse since January and before that he was a pasture puff/trail horse for his entire life! (he's 10 now).
She got 3rd place out of about 20 riders! Hehe, I said she's probably the first Dressage Queen ever to pin a Trakehner in a reining class!
The pattern is supposed to be:
1. Spin 2 circles to the right
2. Spin 2 circles to the left
3. Pick up left lead, lope two big fast circles
4. Lope third small slow circle
5. Change lead
6. Lope two fast circles to the right
7. Lope third small slow circle
8. Change lead
9. Lope U-shape across arena, run down right side of arena and do right rollback
10. Lope U-shape across arena, run down left side of arena and do left rollback
11. Lope U-shape across arena, run down, sliding stop and back 10m