I finished it YAY :)
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Videos

I finished it YAY :)

This is a discussion on I finished it YAY :) within the Horse Videos forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-09-2010, 06:25 PM
      #1
    Started
    I finished it YAY :)

    Well I finished the video and here it is let me know what you guys think :)

         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-09-2010, 06:29 PM
      #2
    Green Broke
    It's oddly good but it makes me dizzy. If that makes sense.
         
        10-09-2010, 06:33 PM
      #3
    Started
    Haha thanks .... I think? Lol
         
        10-09-2010, 09:08 PM
      #4
    Started
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Post
         
        10-09-2010, 10:42 PM
      #5
    Weanling
    I think its really good :) the different layers are cool, but a bit distracting. They work best when you are doing the lunging bit :)
         
        10-10-2010, 10:05 PM
      #6
    Weanling
    On one hand it has too much fading in and out of scenes and layering. Nothing has a chance to sink in before it changes again. It doesn't allow the viewer to process what is being viewed. On the other hand, if you disregard the content of the video, the effects are pretty cool. The question is, what are trying to express to the viewer?
         
        10-11-2010, 08:41 AM
      #7
    Foal
    Don't take this the wrong way but it's a mess. You overdo the super imposing of images and there's no narrative to the whole thing, it's just a collection of random shots. Also, it ends abruptly, pretty much just confusing the viewer.

    Don't take any of this the wrong way, video production is a more complicated process than it looks and my first videos were also a mess.

    Instead of just shooting random stuff sit down first and plan out what you want to accomplish, what story do you want to tell visually.

    Don't take offense at anything I've said. It's all meant as constructive criticism.
         
        10-11-2010, 03:11 PM
      #8
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cosmomomo    
    i think its really good :) the different layers are cool, but a bit distracting. They work best when you are doing the lunging bit :)
    Thanks yeah they are a bit distracting lol but I still like it :)

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sahara    
    On one hand it has too much fading in and out of scenes and layering. Nothing has a chance to sink in before it changes again. It doesn't allow the viewer to process what is being viewed. On the other hand, if you disregard the content of the video, the effects are pretty cool. The question is, what are trying to express to the viewer?
    I'm not really trying to express anything to the viewer just wanted to make a video and see how it turned out.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outbound    
    Don't take this the wrong way but it's a mess. You overdo the super imposing of images and there's no narrative to the whole thing, it's just a collection of random shots. Also, it ends abruptly, pretty much just confusing the viewer.

    Don't take any of this the wrong way, video production is a more complicated process than it looks and my first videos were also a mess.

    Instead of just shooting random stuff sit down first and plan out what you want to accomplish, what story do you want to tell visually.

    Don't take offense at anything I've said. It's all meant as constructive criticism.
    Hmmm... ok em thanks for the constructive criticism I suppose as I said before didn't really want to tell a story visually and didn't really know that I had to have a narrative to the whole thing lol

    Thanks for the advice anyway will take it all on board and didn't take offense to any of it.
         
        10-11-2010, 03:41 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Yes, but that's the thing, if you're not telling a story with your video, whatever it may be, then all you get is a bunch of unconnected footage, and it's hard for people to watch and appreciate your video.

    You actually had some interesting stuff on there in terms of footage, you just have to learn how to properly present it.

    For example, the footage of you with your horse on the rope actually worked with the super imposed footage, that was actually a nice effect because you always had the common element of the background which remained unaltered. Everything else didn't really work because the shots were always unrelated.

    That shot of you riding the horse into the trailer and grabbing onto the roof of the trailer for a dismount was actually pretty cool. There was something else layered on top of that footage that I didn't care about, and can't even remember what it was. That piece of footage stands on its own.

    Think of editing a video like writing and formatting an essay in Word. You're looking for substance, well laid out and presented in the simplest terms possible. Lots of effects like different fonts and colours will only make it look messy and harder to read. You want something that's clean and straight to the point, and any effects that you use have to be consistent with the whole work so that it feels unified.

    Video editing is not as easy and straightforward as most people think so don't be afraid to give it another go.
         
        10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
      #10
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outbound    
    Yes, but that's the thing, if you're not telling a story with your video, whatever it may be, then all you get is a bunch of unconnected footage, and it's hard for people to watch and appreciate your video.

    You actually had some interesting stuff on there in terms of footage, you just have to learn how to properly present it.

    For example, the footage of you with your horse on the rope actually worked with the super imposed footage, that was actually a nice effect because you always had the common element of the background which remained unaltered. Everything else didn't really work because the shots were always unrelated.

    That shot of you riding the horse into the trailer and grabbing onto the roof of the trailer for a dismount was actually pretty cool. There was something else layered on top of that footage that I didn't care about, and can't even remember what it was. That piece of footage stands on its own.

    Think of editing a video like writing and formatting an essay in Word. You're looking for substance, well laid out and presented in the simplest terms possible. Lots of effects like different fonts and colours will only make it look messy and harder to read. You want something that's clean and straight to the point, and any effects that you use have to be consistent with the whole work so that it feels unified.

    Video editing is not as easy and straightforward as most people think so don't be afraid to give it another go.
    Well I just really wanted to show my subscribers on youtube how me and my horses are getting along at the moment which doesn't really need a story as I put it in the description of the video before that. I really like the song also and wanted a nice video to go with it.

    No it's not easy but I feel I have done a good enough job of it as I have learned how to work Sony Vegas by myself and I'm not afraid to give it another go lol
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Just finished this bracelet... smarie Hobbies 15 02-01-2011 10:50 AM
    Finally Finished! mbender Horse Health 1 09-27-2010 03:19 PM
    Yea! I'm finished!! What now? Koolio Hobbies 1 08-26-2010 10:31 AM
    First finished drawing in a while juniormylove Horse Artwork 4 05-22-2010 04:06 PM
    My new Project now finished! My2Geldings General Off Topic Discussion 0 02-24-2010 08:51 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0