My horse's reaction!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Videos

My horse's reaction!

This is a discussion on My horse's reaction! within the Horse Videos forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category
  • When a horse is excited the reaction is

Like Tree16Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-31-2013, 08:06 PM
  #1
Foal
Talking My horse's reaction!

Thought about sharing with you all my horse's reaction everytime he sees my friend's mare. I find it so funny as he gets really excited and only happens with her :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-31-2013, 09:15 PM
  #2
Weanling
It is cute. But if I were you I'd be very careful with that. Especially when you are just holding a camera and watching. The situation could have escalated very quickly if your gelding had decided that he wanted to get to his mare now. I can see him rearing up, snapping his lead rope and either going over backwards or trying to jump up that half wall to get to her. Your gelding could get hurt, or could injure somebody else. You might want to work on having him not so attached to her. It's funny and cute now but when your riding and he catches sight of her and takes off bucking to get to her it won't be cute or funny.

Not being snippy or mean, I genuinely care. My gelding was buddy sour for a few months and he got downright dangerous until we fixed the problem. He's fine now, but it was very stressful for everyone involved.

Your gelding is very cute and your stable looks very cool! :)

If someone has a problem with me posting this the mods can delete it. I'm not trying to start an argument, just be helpful.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-31-2013, 09:25 PM
  #3
Yearling
Hes got the piaffe down pretty well LOL cute
     
    04-01-2013, 07:37 AM
  #4
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWingIt    
It is cute. But if I were you I'd be very careful with that. Especially when you are just holding a camera and watching. The situation could have escalated very quickly if your gelding had decided that he wanted to get to his mare now. I can see him rearing up, snapping his lead rope and either going over backwards or trying to jump up that half wall to get to her. Your gelding could get hurt, or could injure somebody else. You might want to work on having him not so attached to her. It's funny and cute now but when your riding and he catches sight of her and takes off bucking to get to her it won't be cute or funny.

Not being snippy or mean, I genuinely care. My gelding was buddy sour for a few months and he got downright dangerous until we fixed the problem. He's fine now, but it was very stressful for everyone involved.

Your gelding is very cute and your stable looks very cool! :)

If someone has a problem with me posting this the mods can delete it. I'm not trying to start an argument, just be helpful.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi! :) I wasn't holding the camera and watching, otherwise it wouldn't be so still. The camera was in the tripod and I went out to help my friend and we were comming with the mare when he saw her. Don't worry he only sees her like once in a while but he really likes her and he immediately calmed down.
     
    04-03-2013, 03:49 PM
  #5
Foal
Aaaaaaaaaaaaah I love his pinky gay color blanket ♥
Hahaha he's a real dressage horse : P
     
    04-03-2013, 06:33 PM
  #6
Showing
Okay that was pretty cute, but I have to say... my horse once piaffed on the spot whilst on lead and it was terrifying. It was pretty, but omg a near 17hh horse going at it while you're trying to walk to the barn... not cool!!
nvr2many likes this.
     
    04-05-2013, 05:50 PM
  #7
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
Okay that was pretty cute, but I have to say... my horse once piaffed on the spot whilst on lead and it was terrifying. It was pretty, but omg a near 17hh horse going at it while you're trying to walk to the barn... not cool!!
What do you actually mean?
     
    04-07-2013, 08:15 PM
  #8
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDressage    
What do you actually mean?
The experience of being next to a giant horse piaffing.. you realize how powerful they are and how easily you can be squashed. I was just commenting.
     
    04-07-2013, 09:33 PM
  #9
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
The experience of being next to a giant horse piaffing.. you realize how powerful they are and how easily you can be squashed. I was just commenting.
Leading a giant horse piaffing eeek I know what you mean. My old friend had a Clydesdale at 18 hands and I was about 4ft. 11in. At the time. Just leading him gave me the creeps because I kept thinking at anytime he could just plow me and that's it. Thankfully he never did and he was such a gentle boy, but it was still always possible!!! All it could take is a plastic bag blowing by
Skyseternalangel likes this.
     
    04-11-2013, 06:12 AM
  #10
Weanling
Ah sweet man! That's such a cute reaction!
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
oh my...over reaction much? Samstead Jokes and Funnies 6 12-10-2012 12:14 AM
The greatest reaction to getting a horse. eyede Horse Videos 20 09-09-2012 05:11 PM
Allergic reaction? DraftyAiresMum Horse Health 1 04-06-2012 07:46 PM
My Horse's reaction to massage cher40 Horse Health 5 02-27-2011 10:51 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0