Sandie's dentist appointment
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Videos

Sandie's dentist appointment

This is a discussion on Sandie's dentist appointment within the Horse Videos forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-20-2009, 08:17 PM
      #1
    Green Broke
    Sandie's dentist appointment

    This was the first time I'd ever witnessed them actually floating her teeth (or any horse's for that matter) and she went out like a light when they tranq'd her! The equine dentist was awesome, and very informative...and of course I couldn't help myself and did laugh when her droopy head fell sideways at the end of the first video!!!

    I knew she was fine or I wouldn't have thought it was so hilarious, but I've never seen her this goofy, it was like she was drunk! Poor girl!



    An hour later she was back to normal and grazing outside

         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-21-2009, 01:07 AM
      #2
    Started
    Hehehe aww gotta love the drunk horses lol.
         
        10-23-2009, 02:58 PM
      #3
    Yearling
    Haha! I have seen plenty of horses get gelded, the poor things do stumble around like drunkards!
         
        11-07-2009, 11:18 PM
      #4
    Weanling
    Haha in the beginning of the first one I laughed when her tongue rolled out the side of her mouth!
         
        01-17-2010, 10:35 PM
      #5
    Foal
    You are lucky nothing happened. I am so opposed to this new style. Speculums have done so much damage to the jaw and tmj and power floats if not used correctly can destroy a mouth.
         
        01-18-2010, 12:01 PM
      #6
    Foal
    That is hilarious! My pony when she got her teeth floated it was the most hilarious thing ever!!
         
        01-18-2010, 01:35 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Haha, drunk pony!
         
        01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horsechick48    
    You are lucky nothing happened. I am so opposed to this new style. Speculums have done so much damage to the jaw and tmj and power floats if not used correctly can destroy a mouth.
    did you ever think this is someone experienced doing it? Not just a regular joe? I've been looking at your posts and all you're doing is pulling up OLD threads and telling everyone how they SHOULD be getting their horses teeth done..... I think that's enough.
         
        01-26-2010, 10:30 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlmagroN    
    did you ever think this is someone experienced doing it? Not just a regular joe? I've been looking at your posts and all you're doing is pulling up OLD threads and telling everyone how they SHOULD be getting their horses teeth done..... I think that's enough.
    Experienced or not does not change the fact that speculums have caused damage to horses. The use of sedation and speculums is unnessary in floating a horses teeth, and all im simply trying to do is to get horse owners to see that this "advanced" dentistry is nothing but a money earner for the provider. I am stating my opinion (which im allowed to do) and just trying to help horse owners that might not know... So no its not enough and I will continue to talk about something that I am passionate about.
         
        01-27-2010, 12:58 PM
      #10
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horsechick48    
    Experienced or not does not change the fact that speculums have caused damage to horses. The use of sedation and speculums is unnessary in floating a horses teeth, and all im simply trying to do is to get horse owners to see that this "advanced" dentistry is nothing but a money earner for the provider. I am stating my opinion (which im allowed to do) and just trying to help horse owners that might not know... So no its not enough and I will continue to talk about something that I am passionate about.
    I have never heard anything like this How does it cause damage? How often does something like that happen? I didn't even know there WAS any other way to float a horse's teeth...
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    The Dentist visited Denny! JustDressageIt Horse Health 13 05-16-2009 01:39 PM
    equine dentist coming ... what questions should I ask? Jubilee Rose Horse Health 2 08-20-2008 07:55 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:19 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0