12 year old paint gelding for sale
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horses for Sale

12 year old paint gelding for sale

This is a discussion on 12 year old paint gelding for sale within the Horses for Sale forums, part of the Horse Resources category

    Like Tree14Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-08-2014, 09:46 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    12 year old paint gelding for sale

    This is my first time posting a sale ad in a horse forum. So I am a bit nervous doing this. So here it goes.

    I am selling my paint gelding. I've owned him since 2008. Last year I bought myself another horse. So paying board on 2 horses is very hard for me. So I've decided to sell my paint boy. :( Here is his ad:

    Horse For Sale | Handsome/Cute Paint Gelding

    I love this website. ^ The other sale sites are harder on me b/c I have to pay for them. This one was free and its great.

    if you have any questions or comments please let me know.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-09-2014, 02:43 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    Questions??? Comments....
    Anyone...
         
        07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
      #3
    Yearling
    You can post for free on equine now with one picture, and Horseclicks allows you to post for free as well. I think you can post a free text ad on dream horse. And also post on your local craigslist. There are lots of places on facebook as well to list horses. Like Tack and Horses for sale groups.

    You want to advertise in as many locations as possible.
         
        07-09-2014, 03:06 PM
      #4
    Green Broke
    Are you asking for us to critique the sale add too?
         
        07-09-2014, 05:57 PM
      #5
    Weanling
    Hes posted on horse clicks. Im having a tech problem with equine now. Dream horse is confusing to me. He's on a few fb groups.

    Nope,i wasn't asking for a critique on the sale ad. I was just wondering if anyone had any questions ... that's all. :)
         
        07-09-2014, 06:09 PM
      #6
    Trained
    I guess my question is why do you want him to stay in your area? Once he is sold, he is sold, not yours, so I would take that out. I would also want to know why he has to be shod in front? Probably would ask why his front feet look so long and his backs so short in some of the pics.

    Oh heck I guess I'm offering a critique on your ad, and you didn't want that...

    *Wispers* a decent set of conformation pics, + a couple under saddle would be better than many pics that don't do him justice.

    OK OK, I'm going
         
        07-09-2014, 06:23 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    I guess my question is why do you want him to stay in your area? Once he is sold, he is sold, not yours, so I would take that out. I would also want to know why he has to be shod in front? Probably would ask why his front feet look so long and his backs so short in some of the pics.

    Oh heck I guess I'm offering a critique on your ad, and you didn't want that...

    *Wispers* a decent set of conformation pics, + a couple under saddle would be better than many pics that don't do him justice.

    OK OK, I'm going
    By far one of my favorite posts on HF in a long time
    bitinsane likes this.
         
        07-09-2014, 09:40 PM
      #8
    Weanling
    I wasn't asking for a *critique on the sale ad*. :(

    He used to wear 4 shoes. But the blacksmith said his back feet are strong so he doesn't need back shoes. He does need front shoes though. The pictures are fine.

    I want him to stay in NY or Nj so I can visit. I did that for his last owner. She came up every year.

    Thank you for your comments.
         
        07-10-2014, 11:03 AM
      #9
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NyHorseGal    
    I wasn't asking for a *critique on the sale ad*. :(

    He used to wear 4 shoes. But the blacksmith said his back feet are strong so he doesn't need back shoes. He does need front shoes though. The pictures are fine.

    I want him to stay in NY or Nj so I can visit. I did that for his last owner. She came up every year.

    Thank you for your comments.
    Just throwing this out there.

    A fair amount of people wouldn't want you to do that. I know if I bought a horse then I wouldn't want the old owner up in my business.

    This is going to limit your ability to sell him greatly.

    Goodluck!
    Speed Racer and squekers998 like this.
         
        07-11-2014, 03:16 PM
      #10
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    I guess my question is why do you want him to stay in your area? Once he is sold, he is sold, not yours, so I would take that out.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by .Delete.    
    Just throwing this out there.

    A fair amount of people wouldn't want you to do that. I know if I bought a horse then I wouldn't want the old owner up in my business.

    This is going to limit your ability to sell him greatly.

    Goodluck!
    You guys are wasting your "breath", the poster has been suggested this over and over on another forum.

    Good luck finding a buyer Nypainthorsegal, hopefully it doesn't take an additional year to sell him.
    squekers998 likes this.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    My 12 year old paint gelding shellybean Horse Conformation Critique 4 08-03-2013 03:31 PM
    4 year old HUS paint gelding .Delete. Horses for Sale 0 01-11-2013 05:19 PM
    15 hh beautiful 12 year old paint gelding kaydeebug Horses for Sale 7 07-08-2011 03:19 AM
    For Sale - 5 Year Old Paint Gelding barrelburner06 Horses for Sale 15 03-02-2011 11:57 PM
    My 6 year old paint gelding... NyHorseGal Horse Riding Critique 5 04-01-2009 12:44 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:53 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0