8yr/old Grey Arab Mare For Sale! - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 05-12-2009, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 321
• Horses: 4
you know i'm sure i could find faults in everyone of you and your horse "care"

i said IF i didnt have so many horses i would be interested in him IF not that i am!

when i bought this mare my sister had her and could manage the hoofs and little things like that. when she died me and my parents ended up with the horses and right now i dont have a job and i cant afford the gas to trailer a horse to who knows where and pay for the trimming of her feet! my dad is the only one working right now and not to mention our trailer is not in current condiotions to transport a horse.

second she is not fully trained but she has been under saddle and has been ridden.

oh yea and we talked to our neighbors farrier and he said he MIGHT trim our horses feet for us but that probably wont happen because for some reason farriers in this area dont like to work with arabians.

so right now we're doing our best to take care of the horses and you should check out peoples situations BEFORE you make accusations.

this horse has came along way from where she was when i got her also and i bought her for $1,000! I'm sorry but if your going around accusing people for treating their horses badly then you should stop and assess the situation FIRST!
Whispering Meadows is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 14 Old 05-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 419
• Horses: 2
Perhaps you should look into adopting her out as it sounds as if you're not in the financial situation to care for her or the other horses. Honestly if worse came to worse you could disconnect the internet to pay for the horses hooves. Or you could learn on the internet how to trim them yourself, it's not optimal but until you can find a home for your horses you might have to do what you can.

Also, that horse isn't worth what you're asking for her.

I'm my spare time I ride dragons and runners, practice my Harper skills, talk to dolphins and hang with MasterHarper Robinton.

Last edited by manhirwen; 05-12-2009 at 01:13 AM.
manhirwen is offline  
post #13 of 14 Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows View Post
you know i'm sure i could find faults in everyone of you and your horse "care"
Just as you don't know what we may have been through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows View Post
i said IF i didnt have so many horses i would be interested in him IF not that i am!
If you can't take care of one why are you breeding that mare ( and others ?). It was your decision to create more mouths to feed when you were not in a position to feed the ones you have.

That is irresponsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows View Post
when i bought this mare my sister had her and could manage the hoofs and little things like that. when she died me and my parents ended up with the horses and right now i dont have a job and i cant afford the gas to trailer a horse to who knows where and pay for the trimming of her feet! my dad is the only one working right now and not to mention our trailer is not in current condiotions to transport a horse.
From the look of those feet that is not a recent missed one or two trimmings. They look like they have never seen a blacksmith in at least 12 to 18 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows View Post
second she is not fully trained but she has been under saddle and has been ridden.
Even if you don't have a saddle you can ride bareback to train her but I suspect she is really not trained because she has been a baby making machine to create more mouths to feed that you can't afford....or were the babies sold. If they were then you could have at least shown some consideration for the mom doing all that work by trimming the feet that are under even more stress carrying a foal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows View Post
oh yea and we talked to our neighbors farrier and he said he MIGHT trim our horses feet for us but that probably wont happen because for some reason farriers in this area dont like to work with arabians.
Sorry but that doesn't fly. If the horse were handled more and was easy to work with anybody would trim your horse no matter what breed or sex. Many don't want to work with stallions but I have no problem with getting any person to work with mine due to proper training/handling. To me this is just an excuse on your part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows View Post
so right now we're doing our best to take care of the horses and you should check out peoples situations BEFORE you make accusations.
I don't doubt you are finally trying to relieve yourself of the problems you created.......having too many horses.

What I have a problem with is that you are now trying to put your problem on to someone else and trying to get money to boot. She isn't a bad mare but maybe you should try to re home her without asking for money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Meadows View Post
this horse has came along way from where she was when i got her also and i bought her for $1,000! I'm sorry but if your going around accusing people for treating their horses badly then you should stop and assess the situation FIRST!
Assessment can only come from information given to us and from what we have read.......none is good.

You have an untrained baby making machine that has been neglected with its hoof care to the point of serious founder and possible permanent leg damage that is being offered to the public for $500.00 because.
Spyder is offline  
post #14 of 14 Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greenville area / SC
Posts: 13,165
• Horses: 3
We are pretty far off the thread about now so it's being closed. If anyone is interested in this mare, you can pm our member and get more information.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why I'm right.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


It's not always what you say but what they hear.
iridehorses is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black half/arab mare for sale/trade Blkjimni Horses for Sale 1 11-13-2008 07:44 PM
Help with my Arab mare. Aryanna Horse Health 14 06-19-2008 10:12 PM
9 year old grey thoroughbred for sale fast Running Spirits Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 03-02-2008 05:00 PM
Grey Percheron Mare offered for share Arabella Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 05-14-2007 11:44 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome