So here's a picture of the pretty girl! This was MY test ride on her last August.
And here's her months later.
No she's not pregnant.
She's 15.2hh, 9 years old, and I'm not entirely sure of her breeding. I was told from her seller that she's a Draft cross, and I'm pretty certain that she has Arab in her (if her head doesn't show it, her personality sure does!). She's trained in English but was mostly a pleasure horse before I bought her. My plan was to train her for lower level eventing.
- Wonderful personality. Never pins ears, never bites, etc.
- Good on trails if in a group
- Very smart
- Sensitive to aids
- Very forward
- Gets her leads
- Easy keeper
- Current on vaccinations and no health problems
- Goes barefoot, no issues with lameness
- Bathes, loads, good for farrier
- Started training in dressage and was doing well until I stopped working her
- Needs a confident experienced rider. She can be nervous/spooky with a timid rider (which, sadly I am.)
- Her nervousness is her biggest issue, although I'm sure it's worse with me because I didn't know how to handle it. She gets high strung when it's cold or windy; in the winter, I didn't even feel comfortable leading her. I stopped leading her to the barn from her field because whenever we passed the gelding fields, they would crowd the fence and make her prancy and jumpy. I know, I'm awful >.<
- She had a problem with getting caught when I got her, but she doesn't anymore.
- She will stand tied, but she gets nervous if you leave her for too long.
- She's somewhat trained in jumping; I didn't jump her very much and the highest we've gone I think was 21 inches. Also, she's nervous with new jumps.
- Needs sunscreen on her nose. Wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning haha.
I'm not sure how to price her, either, considering her current state. I might be able to reduce my hours at work for a few weeks to get her training back under way, if you guys think that might help.
Bah. X[ Overall, what do you all think?