Horse for sale: 17 hand Percheron/Quarterhorse - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horses for Sale

Horse for sale: 17 hand Percheron/Quarterhorse

This is a discussion on Horse for sale: 17 hand Percheron/Quarterhorse within the Horses for Sale forums, part of the Horse Resources category
  • 17 hand quarter horse
  • Looking for percheron/QH cross on craiglist releigh

Like Tree5Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    03-29-2013, 07:13 PM
  #11
Yearling
Aw, darn! We were going to call and make sure she didn't want him today, too- your situation sounds so perfect for him.

I suppose I'll keep looking then! (And stop telling Jack we have buyers until it's solid... haha!)
Posted via Mobile Device
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    03-29-2013, 07:34 PM
  #12
Showing
Hemms, if you wait for a man to make up his mind you'll be standing around for a very long time. Tell him what time you are leaving, then start pulling out of the yard. That should get him moving.
Annanoel likes this.
     
    03-29-2013, 08:15 PM
  #13
Weanling
Lol, Saddlebag! If it were my prospect, yes. As it is his, and he does still have his old boy, no go. Thems ground for D-vorce, in his language. That whole "Respect me and I'll respect you"... Great foundation for a relationship, but sometimes a real pain in the arse!
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-29-2013, 08:20 PM
  #14
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemms    
Lol, Saddlebag! If it were my prospect, yes. As it is his, and he does still have his old boy, no go. Thems ground for D-vorce, in his language. That whole "Respect me and I'll respect you"... Great foundation for a relationship, but sometimes a real pain in the arse!
Posted via Mobile Device

The overlap of horses until the time his gelding retires would make a great buffer for getting Levi ready for trails more... ;)

But in all seriousness, I do understand. It's too bad, but I'm hoping I can find another buyer who isn't from craigslist. (And no offense meant to anyone who buys horses from craigslist... But I know there are some unsavory characters who browse there).
     
    03-29-2013, 08:28 PM
  #15
Weanling
I know well the concern of finding a good home for an equine friend. I don't take it lightly, when selling or buying! Keep looking and networking. There are more like us out there!! Maybe tour local barns and post a photo add? That summer pic is gorgeous and really conveys a soft personality.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    03-29-2013, 08:51 PM
  #16
Yearling
I can't take another horse til June probably...but I have to say, my girl is a Perch/QH cross and I LOVE HER! =)
     
    03-30-2013, 09:31 PM
  #17
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebox    
The overlap of horses until the time his gelding retires would make a great buffer for getting Levi ready for trails more... ;)

But in all seriousness, I do understand. It's too bad, but I'm hoping I can find another buyer who isn't from craigslist. (And no offense meant to anyone who buys horses from craigslist... But I know there are some unsavory characters who browse there).
Have you considered selling/donating him to a therapeutic riding center? Even if he doesn't have a ton of miles, conformation and personality are two of the biggest factors, at least when I evaluate a horse (that is my main job, training horses for our therapeutic riding program). I actually choose horses I can mold to my liking versus one I have to "undo" stuff on :) Not that he would be able to be used right away, but there are lots of centers willing to put miles on good-minded horses! My last craigslist find was a 17.2 Irish Draught Gelding, not started. Picked him up for free, and I'm training him to do exactly what we need. His build and personality made training a breeze. And there is no short of love or appreciation for the animals in all of the therapeutic riding programs I've been to :) They are usually extremely well cared for! And open visiting rights might also be something you can work out.
     
    04-01-2013, 07:11 PM
  #18
Foal
Hemms, I have had pretty good success with first buying the horse than putting on a push up bra and telling husband, (of course he can't complain at the last auction we were at I went to bathroom and came back to find out he had just bought two wild draft foals)
     
    04-01-2013, 07:18 PM
  #19
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcrazy    
Have you considered selling/donating him to a therapeutic riding center? Even if he doesn't have a ton of miles, conformation and personality are two of the biggest factors, at least when I evaluate a horse (that is my main job, training horses for our therapeutic riding program). I actually choose horses I can mold to my liking versus one I have to "undo" stuff on :) Not that he would be able to be used right away, but there are lots of centers willing to put miles on good-minded horses! My last craigslist find was a 17.2 Irish Draught Gelding, not started. Picked him up for free, and I'm training him to do exactly what we need. His build and personality made training a breeze. And there is no short of love or appreciation for the animals in all of the therapeutic riding programs I've been to :) They are usually extremely well cared for! And open visiting rights might also be something you can work out.
Thanks! I didn't even think about that as an option.
     
    04-01-2013, 07:26 PM
  #20
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherian    
Hemms, I have had pretty good success with first buying the horse than putting on a push up bra and telling husband
Lmao!! Right up my alley!
Posted via Mobile Device
demonwolfmoon likes this.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Percheron / Quarterhorse Cross Shoebox Horse Conformation Critique 15 10-28-2012 11:08 PM
Hand-painted rocking horse for sale-$8.00 USD wildmustango Tack and Equipment Classifieds 4 08-13-2011 01:29 PM
Horse ID Tags For Sale, Hand Made morabhobbyhorse Tack and Equipment Classifieds 2 05-23-2011 10:23 PM
Hand Made Rhythm Beads For Sale! *ON SALE all sets $10.00* FREE SHIPPING!! BurningAmber520 Tack and Equipment Classifieds 7 07-30-2010 05:18 AM
Percheron Pinto Foal for sale katiz29872 Horses for Sale 0 08-27-2007 01:29 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0