I made an offer to purchase a horse I am leasing last week. The seller said she would get back to me and let me know, but have not heard from her since. Technically my lease ends tomorrow unless we come to a further agreement. She told me a few weeks ago that she would type up a proposed lease agreement for me to review and see if I wanted to continue his lease. Nothing. I like the horse, so decided to make offer to buy. Nothing.
I am tempted to just get a hold of her and tell her deals off. I will continue to look for something else to lease or buy. I have been paying board directly for the lease, so the barn owner keeps asking me if I have heard from her yet. I am sure they want to know who is paying them come Friday.
I am kind of tired of dealing with her, I guess, and maybe just need to vent.
What would you do in this situation? Keep trying to chase her down, or wash your hands of the whole deal?