Looking for a jumper...help?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horses for Sale

Looking for a jumper...help?

This is a discussion on Looking for a jumper...help? within the Horses for Sale forums, part of the Horse Resources category

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-17-2010, 10:34 AM
  #1
Weanling
Looking for a jumper...help?

Could you guys help me find a jumper for sale? I would like him to have jumped 3'6 or 3'9 with ability to go higher, show expierence, nothing more than 3500 dollars, and a temprament at the highest at 5. He should be somewhere in the michigan area or somewhere close to michigan. (nothing more than a 6hr drive from flint) I would prefer either a TB or warmblood or a warmblood cross. But I am open to anything!
Also I would like this horse to be 15.3 to 17.2. I would prefer geldings as well.

Thanks!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-17-2010, 10:38 AM
  #2
Green Broke
Wow, can you get a horse jumping that well with a good temperament for under 3500??? No advice sorry, just interested in the state of the horse market at the moment!
     
    06-17-2010, 10:43 AM
  #3
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahver    
Wow, can you get a horse jumping that well with a good temperament for under 3500??? No advice sorry, just interested in the state of the horse market at the moment!
haha. Yes you can. I have one I am looking at with a temperament of 3 jumps 4ft and is 3,000 dollars so its possible. I just need some help.
     
    06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
  #4
Banned
No, I don't think you do need help. If that one vets reasonably sound, buy it.

A comparable horse in my area is in the 15 - 20K range.
     
    06-17-2010, 11:58 AM
  #5
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by maura    
No, I don't think you do need help. If that one vets reasonably sound, buy it.

A comparable horse in my area is in the 15 - 20K range.
I wondered for a minute whether I had missed a 0 on the end of that price and it was actually 35,000!! I knew the horse market was struggling but I had no idea it was quite so severe.
     
    06-17-2010, 12:36 PM
  #6
Yearling
I found some you might be interested in...

1. http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-271018
2. Registered Thoro/looks and Acts Like a Quarter
3. Thoroughbred Horse for Sale in North Branch, Michigan

Tell me what you think:)
     
    06-17-2010, 12:42 PM
  #7
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahver    
I wondered for a minute whether I had missed a 0 on the end of that price and it was actually 35,000!! I knew the horse market was struggling but I had no idea it was quite so severe.
The horse may also be misrepresented. Some reprehensible sellers do it all the time, and I'm rarely shocked anymore when someone says they got bamboozled and the horse isn't as it was represented.

If you do decide to take a chance on this animal, make sure you or your trainer ride him and put him through his paces, and have a complete PPE done up before purchase.

The horse may have some feet/back/leg/temperament issues that the seller is unwilling to disclose.

A sound, sane horse with that much ability who consistently wins is never sold that inexpensively, so I'd be a little leery and go in with your eyes wide open.
     
    06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
  #8
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
The horse may also be misrepresented. Some reprehensible sellers do it all the time, and I'm rarely shocked anymore when someone says they got bamboozled and the horse isn't as it was represented.

If you do decide to take a chance on this animal, make sure you or your trainer ride him and put him through his paces, and have a complete PPE done up before purchase.

The horse may have some feet/back/leg/temperament issues that the seller is unwilling to disclose.

A sound, sane horse with that much ability who consistently wins is never sold that inexpensively, so I'd be a little leery and go in with your eyes wide open.
I intend to have me ride him as well as my trainer. We are being very picky and arent going to see this horse without every one of our questions answered. Thanks for your response it always means a lot to me.
     
    06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
  #9
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannahorse22    
Thanks wannahorse! I saw the first one on my search this morning and I am definatley keeping an eye on him. Not a fan of the 2nd one but I do like the 3rd one. I just wish he was jumped higher.:]
Thanks again :]
     
    06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
  #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by maura    
No, I don't think you do need help. If that one vets reasonably sound, buy it.

A comparable horse in my area is in the 15 - 20K range.
That was my thought also.

Wow, way cheap for a made, sound, show horse. Even aged models tend to sell for more than that.



None of these have experience at the height the OP wants a horse to have experience at. Most of them actually have basically no jumping experience. Which is about what you get at this price range.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My new jumper, Jet. noddy Horse Riding Critique 13 05-10-2010 08:18 PM
Looking for a jumper! HorseOfCourse Horses for Sale 2 07-29-2009 08:40 PM
Jumper get-up! JustDressageIt Horse Pictures 25 07-04-2009 03:53 AM
Big Jumper? Baby Doll Amy Jumping 9 03-19-2009 04:11 AM
Jumper KrystalDUB Horse Training 7 08-24-2007 02:44 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0