proposal (price)
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horses for Sale

proposal (price)

This is a discussion on proposal (price) within the Horses for Sale forums, part of the Horse Resources category
  • Welsh bomb proof pony walk trot canter
  • Sales propsoal with prices

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-01-2010, 03:10 PM
  #1
Super Moderator
proposal (price)

A friend of mine has decided she is going to sell some of her horses. She hasn't decided for sure which ones (she has several). One of them is some kind of a halflinger/cross thing. It's a large pony, probably 20-25 years old (we don't know the age for sure). It has slight arthritis but is BOMB PROOF. She has several child safe ponies but this is the safest and I'm not sure she is going to decide to let it go, but if she does, what would be a fair offer on an older pony that is slightly arthritic in the shoulder...?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-01-2010, 03:12 PM
  #2
Banned
What is the slightly arthritic pony capable of doing? Does the slightly arthritic-ness mean the pony does not move sound? Is the arthritic shoulder maintained easily with a simply supplement?
     
    06-01-2010, 03:18 PM
  #3
Super Moderator
She isn't giving him anything for maintnance and right now the arthritis makes it hard to pick up the correct lead on that side. No other noticeable soundness issues that I am aware of. The pony has been shown walk trot canter and over 18 inch courses. I am looking for something my 6 year old can ride in the ring on his own (with supervision of course). This pony is happy to walk trot and canters easily for adults, just speeds up the trot for kids which is fine for me...
     
    06-09-2010, 12:06 PM
  #4
Foal
I would say $500-$800.
     
    06-09-2010, 12:12 PM
  #5
Showing
I have my 24 y/o pasture pouf on MSM for his arthritis, and it seems to help.

At 25 y/o, with arthritis, I probably wouldn't give her more than $500-$800 for the pony.

Yes, he's bombproof, but he's also aged. He may live to be 40, or he may drop dead in the next 3 to 5 years.

It saddens me that someone wants to sell such an old pony, but that's just me. I know people do it all the time.
     
    06-15-2010, 04:02 PM
  #6
Weanling
I would agree with the above posters......I would say around $600.
     
    06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
  #7
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
It saddens me that someone wants to sell such an old pony, but that's just me. I know people do it all the time.

Sorry, I should have made that part clear. She has several horses (five children) and is contemplating downsizing. This pony is actually one that she wants to keep. She still has two children that are leadline and walk trot age. All of her ponies are really nice and show worthy. This particular one was sold as a fifteen year old and turned out to be much older (on a routine vet check). It's the pony I would like to buy.

She hasn't listed him and probably won't. I wanted to offer her a price, but one that was fair for both of us. No doubt she'll try to sell me one of the other ponies. They are quality but much more expensive. I know the welsh is probably 8K but it's good enough to go to an A show. It's also spunkier than I'm looking for.

Thanks for the comments. I think I'll offer her somewhere between 5 and 800....
     
    06-15-2010, 04:10 PM
  #8
Showing
That's different then, Farmpony.

If you personally know the animal and are looking to give him a home yourself, I don't see that as a problem.

It's just when folks sell off their oldsters to make room for something younger, is when I get sad and a little angry.
     
    06-19-2010, 03:11 PM
  #9
Green Broke
My pony Misty is coming 10 years old, was thought by the prev. Owners to be a haffy (she's not), bomb-proof, and will only walk/trot under saddle. (I personally also liked the idea of a pony my son couldn't accidentally get into a canter). She's sound, healthy, no arthritis, and was up to date on vaccs, wormings, and teeth. I paid $750 for her and as far as I'm concerned got the steal of the century. I'd say if your friend's pony is older, but the arthritis is only a problem in a canter, that $750 probably a fair price for her.
     
    06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
  #10
Foal
500.00
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what price would you put on this boy?? ditzydoo Horses for Sale 5 03-08-2009 03:05 AM
Price this Possible Buy Please kickshaw Horse Tack and Equipment 10 03-06-2009 08:00 AM
Tennessee Wedding Proposal ... DashAwayAll General Off Topic Discussion 12 09-26-2008 12:33 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0