Alright. Here is the deal. I just bought my 8 month old colt about a month ago. At the time, I wasn't even looking to buy a horse. I just got him dirt cheap, and he's a super nice foal. Good bloodlines, and great personality. Very easy to work with and very smart.
At the time I saw a horse for sale I really wanted, but he was going for 14,000. I want him because I owned his half-sister. They're both Trakehners out of the same sire (A really top Sire). The lady who owns this gelding is the same lady I bought my mare from, she had owned them both. I LOVED my mare, she was phenominal. Loads of talent and SO easy to train. He looks almost identical to her except taller.
NOW, I see the lady has been lowering his price by almost every week, if not more often. It says that price keeps being reduced for quick sale, pregnancy forces sale. He is now down to 6,500!!
I can't have two horses, and still have the 4 year old KWPN I'm riding and showing. I can have my own horse, then ride the 4 year old, but I certainly can't juggle three nor do I have the expenses for it.
I just don't know if I should even try to sell my 8 month old or not. Foals aren't going for much, as good of a foal as he is.
I'm a little torn. I just love the idea of owning my old mare's half-brother, I love the sire they are out of. And he is older, and shown. I would be able to show him right now and with the 8 month old I'd have to wait at least 2 years before even saddling him.