I'm going to graduate college this May with a degree in art education, and my department helps students in my position find a job by the end of this semester, so I likely will be set with a job come May. I also have a bit of money saved right now, and currently have a small income through teaching private lessons. I'm planning to have a part-time job working at camp over the summer.
I've found a horse that I am very interested in visiting and trying out, and doing a lease to buy if she turns out to be something I like. But would now be a good time? If I find a job close enough to my hometown, I'm planning to live with my parents a little bit longer just to save some money before moving into an apartment, and that would also help with paying for the horse to start out.
Or should I just hold out and wait a little longer and find a different horse? I can't lie, I have become very curious about this horse and would love to try her out just to get it out of my system - I just know that if I try her out and love her, it would be even worse if I can't buy her right now.
Has anyone else ever been in a situation like this? Any advice? Thanks in advance!
**just a side note, I have been riding for eleven years now (I'm 22) and have plenty of experience with taking care of horses and maintenance, etc. It's just the buying I've never dealt with :)