Too Impatient!
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horses for Sale

Too Impatient!

This is a discussion on Too Impatient! within the Horses for Sale forums, part of the Horse Resources category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-16-2007, 04:53 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    Too Impatient!

    Jeez I'm so impatient with looking for a horse. I've seen a couple great prospects for great prices and I want to jump on it but I can't buy anything until January. Boo Hoo!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-16-2007, 11:55 PM
      #2
    Trained
    Lol that's the problem when you look for things well before you can get them :) jan isnt that far away anyways ;)
         
        12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
      #3
    Showing
    Patience! The prices may come down even more after Christmas.
         
        12-17-2007, 09:30 AM
      #4
    Weanling
    I know.LOL Makes me feel like a kid again. I am sure that the wait is worth it.
         
        12-27-2007, 04:44 AM
      #5
    Foal
    Good I wish I only had to wait a few weeks! Stupid EI has screwed everything up for me! I have waited years (like 10) to be able to be in a position to buy my horse. FInally I was able to start looking at the beginning of the year, then when I found him, two weeks after I bought him, the country was LOCKED DOWN!! Typical of my luck! That was 4months ago. He's 10hours away from me... Now, the government won't let me move him till he's vaccinated (two shots a MONTH apart) and he hasn't even had the first yet. Then I have to get approval from my state to move him (at least 2weeks) then I can apply for his movement from the state he is in now, which is far slower then ours. All and all, it will be probably three months... that's if everything goes to plan.
         
        12-27-2007, 05:40 AM
      #6
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacki
    Good I wish I only had to wait a few weeks! Stupid EI has screwed everything up for me! I have waited years (like 10) to be able to be in a position to buy my horse. FInally I was able to start looking at the beginning of the year, then when I found him, two weeks after I bought him, the country was LOCKED DOWN!! Typical of my luck! That was 4months ago. He's 10hours away from me... Now, the government won't let me move him till he's vaccinated (two shots a MONTH apart) and he hasn't even had the first yet. Then I have to get approval from my state to move him (at least 2weeks) then I can apply for his movement from the state he is in now, which is far slower then ours. All and all, it will be probably three months... that's if everything goes to plan.
    where in nsw are you? I got my permit in 5 days. They do pretty well here in qld :)
         
        12-27-2007, 06:46 PM
      #7
    Foal
    I'm in the purple zone! So I have to cross not only boarders but zones. Those are the numbers I got from the two states DPIs and the QLD DPI straight out told me they were behind. When did you get your permit you must be moving within your zone yes? Or moving from a less infected area into a higher infected area? Are your horses vaccinated? If they have had the virus, have you had them microchipped? It seems like a costly thing to have the blood works and all that crap for the owners of those horses that have HAD the virus, and are now wanting microchips so they can show.

    Where is Brisy are you? My boy is in Beaudesert.

    (Sorry for the thread stealing )
         
        01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
      #8
    Weanling
    Re: Too Impatient!

    I am very impatient with buying a horse too. It's so hard. Just make sure that you don't rush into anything/make the wrong choice!
         
        01-06-2008, 06:14 PM
      #9
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacki
    I'm in the purple zone! So I have to cross not only boarders but zones. Those are the numbers I got from the two states DPIs and the QLD DPI straight out told me they were behind. When did you get your permit you must be moving within your zone yes? Or moving from a less infected area into a higher infected area? Are your horses vaccinated? If they have had the virus, have you had them microchipped? It seems like a costly thing to have the blood works and all that crap for the owners of those horses that have HAD the virus, and are now wanting microchips so they can show.

    Where is Brisy are you? My boy is in Beaudesert.

    (Sorry for the thread stealing )
    i got my first permit about 6 weeks ago that allowed me to bring one of my horses from one area in the red zone to another. Then just yesterday I got my permit to move my horses to the pony club. They are relaxing a lot more around here. Im in durack in brisbane and moving them to pallara which is only about 4kms away lol but they are encouraging horses to congregate up here now as they believe that the virus is running itself out. Fingers crossed on that one :)

    Fortunately my horses got vaccinated and micro chipped on the free program so we are all set now. Try and encourage the people that have your horse to do the same cause it will be quite expensive if you have to pay for it.

    Oh yeah, and they say permits take ages but both times I've gotten mine only 5 days after applying
         
        01-06-2008, 11:51 PM
      #10
    Weanling
    Same with me =[
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0