What could I get for her? Should I wait? (TWH Filly)
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horses for Sale

What could I get for her? Should I wait? (TWH Filly)

This is a discussion on What could I get for her? Should I wait? (TWH Filly) within the Horses for Sale forums, part of the Horse Resources category
  • Twh maximum sabino horses for sale
  • Maximum sabino horse twh

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    09-30-2008, 09:53 AM
  #1
Foal
What could I get for her? Should I wait? (TWH Filly)

I'm considering selling my Tennessee Walker filly, Boss lady. You can see pictures of her in my barn thingy. Her dam, Angel, is currently weaning her (god I love that broodmare, she makes my life so easy) and I think it might be time. Boss is an amazing horse, but she's not turning out like her mom. When we bought Angel in November, we didn't know she was in foal. And then, on May 28th, there's this little grey and white thing lying on the ground.

Boss is about 12.1 or .2 hands, will be a dark chocolate with dime sized sabino spots randomly scattered on her rump (her sire was a maximum sabino). She can be a bit, well, bossy at times but she is very easy to work with once she realizes that she can learn it and master it. She was halter trained at 3 days old and now does small longe circles for about 5 minutes at a time when I ask her to. Will stand without halter to let you fly spray, look at her feet, check her ears, etc. She is the closest thing to bombproof I've ever seen in something that young, having grown up while we are building a barn in the pasture across from hers. She has an amazing gait and trot. Very short coupled and would probably make a pretty good english pleasure horse or trail horse in the future like her sire and dam.

She has wonderful bloodlines. Dam is line bred Ebony Masterpiece, sire is out of the Pusher CG and a Carbon Copy mare. This is her sire. A pic of her dam is in my barn thing.

What, in the current market, do you think I could get for her? Of should I hold onto her or a bit? I'd probably wait until the spring to sell her so that she could get all the fuzz out of her coat and have all the weaning done. I want her out before her dam foals again in June. Should I teach her to park out before I decide to sell her? That's one thing Boss will NOT learn. We're working on it.

Thanks!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    10-09-2008, 11:39 AM
  #2
Showing
Angi, I would wait until spring. We are coming into the worse time of the year to sell a horse, let alone a yearling. With winter coming, hay at a shortage, and pastures not doing well, I don't think she would bring what I'm sure she is worth.

Work with her as much as you can and see what happens in the market in about 6 months.
     
    10-16-2008, 12:21 PM
  #3
Started
I agree ^^^^^^^^

If you can afford to keep her over the winter I would. Very bad time to sell.
     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0