What Questions Should I Ask?
Ok... so... in the next few months, I'm wanting to start questioning about different horses, both in rescues, in sales, in auctions, etc. Here's the list of questions I have so far, any tips of different ones/better ones I should ask? I can't find my book that has all of them in it... >_<
1. All the basics, size, age, breed, gender, etc.
2. Is the horse UTD on all vaccinations, wormers, tests, coggins?
3. What is the horse trained to do? Can he/she W/T/C smoothly?
4. Is the horse trained in both English and Western, or just one?
5. What kind of feed does the horse get?
6. Does the horse need any special supplements in his/her feed?
7. Does the horse have any medical problems (big or small) that I must deal with?
8. How many known owners has the horse had?
9. Did you train the horse? Or was it done by a professional trainer?
10. What methods of training were used? Natural Horsemanship? Patience in breaking in? Rough methods?
11. Has the horse been to shows? Has he/she competed? What did he win/how did he react to the whole situation?
12. Is the horse easily spooked?
13. How is the horse around small yappy dogs and loud little kids?
14. How does the horse react around cattle?
15. Is the horse out in pasture year-round, or in the stall most of the time? Can the horse live in pasture 24-7?
And... after that I just can't think of anything else... any suggestions? I honestly don't think that I'm asking enough... so far I haven't sent anything in... but I would LOVE to know some more questions that I can ask...