I am prepared in the future-- if she does not have any immediate extreme health issues that I feel I wouldn't be able to fully be able to take care of or that would be a good fit for what I am looking for--to be able to give her a retirement home. For the next several years one . Horse would be my main focus until we buy property again with acreage. For now boarding is my only option but we do plan on owning acreage when we buy our next house. I have owned a horse in the past so I do understand all that comes along with owning a horse young or old.
I appreciate everyone's opinions because I don't want to think that I was totally crazy for considering an older horse. If I do decide to foster her I am sure I will post lots of questions and concerns I have so I make the best choice for her and me.