Things I wish I could tell non horse people...... - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Jokes and Funnies

Things I wish I could tell non horse people......

This is a discussion on Things I wish I could tell non horse people...... within the Jokes and Funnies forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree775Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
      #11
    Yearling
    Also!

    34. Getting kicked IS worse than being tackled.
    35. Not all the cute ones are sweet.
    36. The barn is my perfume, and sweat is my hairspray. But id rather have that than whatever is "in style".
    37. Just because im going fast DOES NOT mean im out of control.
    38. Just because that girl wins does not mean she rides correctly, her parents have this thing called "money".
    39. My horse is my baby, do not mock him or you're mocking my child.
    40. Horses are more caring than people, and more forgiving.
    41. YES, my horse is freaking out in the pasture, NO, he's not western!
    42. My saddle has no "holding part" because im NOT WESTERN! ENGLISH!
    43. Horses can't speak, but they can cuss pretty dang loud.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
      #12
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThoroughbredJumper    
    33. Lifting hay is lifting weights!
    This one is very true! When my friends ask me how I can have such "strong arms" without going to the gym, I usually just mumble something about the 650 bales of hay I've been moving around...
         
        11-28-2012, 01:35 AM
      #13
    Yearling
    Riding is a sport.
    Just because I have a horse, that does not mean I live on a farm.
         
        11-28-2012, 07:17 AM
      #14
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by horsecrazygirl    
    just because I have a horse, that does not mean I live on a farm.
    I do. Why is that considered an insult? I'd rather live out among the cattle and crops than be stuck in some cookie cutter suburban neighborhood.
         
        11-29-2012, 01:56 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    It use to bother me a lot before because people were so quick to judge I guess you could say. I technically do live on a farm now.
    I agree totally with you about the suburban neighborhood matter.


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    I do. Why is that considered an insult? I'd rather live out among the cattle and crops than be stuck in some cookie cutter suburban neighborhood.
         
        11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
      #16
    Yearling
    Oh and one more.
    Just because I own a horse does NOT mean I am rich. Though I wish that was the one thing that was true.
         
        11-29-2012, 02:04 PM
      #17
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThoroughbredJumper    
    38. Just because that girl wins does not mean she rides correctly, her parents have this thing called "money".
    Jealous much, dear?

    Unless the parents are paying off the judges, I doubt she's winning because of 'money'.

    Even if the girl has a high dollar, push-button schoolmaster, she still needs to know how to ride well enough to ask the horse to do the correct maneuvers at the right time.

    Have you ever tried to ride an upper level horse of any discipline without being able to ride that discipline correctly? Yeah, it doesn't go over so well.
         
        11-29-2012, 02:29 PM
      #18
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    Jealous much, dear?

    Unless the parents are paying off the judges, I doubt she's winning because of 'money'.

    Even if the girl has a high dollar, push-button schoolmaster, she still needs to know how to ride well enough to ask the horse to do the correct maneuvers at the right time.

    Have you ever tried to ride an upper level horse of any discipline without being able to ride that discipline correctly? Yeah, it doesn't go over so well.
    I remember the first time I rode an FEI level dressage horse. I figure out how to get him to walk! Took me a couple of tries to get the canter button just right - ended up finding a few other buttons in the process, LOL. The first time I got him to piaffe and passage I didn't know what he was doing! He was fun until they decided a bit was mean and that he needed to trail ride. An 18 year old horse that was exclusively ridden in an arena. He was awful, lost all his confidence and became a chore to ride.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    goingnowhere1 likes this.
         
        11-29-2012, 02:35 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    Jealous much, dear?

    Unless the parents are paying off the judges, I doubt she's winning because of 'money'.

    Even if the girl has a high dollar, push-button schoolmaster, she still needs to know how to ride well enough to ask the horse to do the correct maneuvers at the right time.

    Have you ever tried to ride an upper level horse of any discipline without being able to ride that discipline correctly? Yeah, it doesn't go over so well.
    No, not jealous. And my parents are wealthy, however, I do not own "top of the line" horses. There is one farm imparticular who has a rider in my grade who can't ride crap and her parents went to Austria and bought her a $800,000 Grand Prix horse just so she can get around the 1.15m. So why don't you skuddle along before getting into an argument about me and my riding, and her and her parents money making her able to ride. And btw, I have ridden upper level horses, Grand Prix horses, because people trust my riding. It went fabulous and I was being paid to ride the horse and jump her till they moved to Georgia. Don't believe me? I have pictures. And no, she has only enough mental capacity to know the courses, I asked her once if she did any leg work to get him bending, and she asked me what leg work was. Yeah, lets think about arguing with someone who MAY accept your high-brow and narcissistic ideals to get your point across. What a negative way to go about my statement. Congrats on being the first person to tick me off on here. *clap* you are surely a champion rider, look how you handed it to me. Please, try and have at least half heart when you look at other peoples posts. TB-Out
         
        11-29-2012, 07:45 PM
      #20
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AceIsHigh    


    12. Kicking a horse in the ribs and yelling “YAAAHHH” isn’t the appropriate way to start.


    14. I’m 24. I live at the barn, I pay my bills by working with horses. I’M NOT GOING TO GROW OUT OF IT. ITS NO LONGER JUST A PHASE!


    17. No, he will not automatically kick you if you walk behind him.
    Love it!!!

    All my friends laugh at me when I get excited about horses because I'm still just as excited at 22 as I was when I saw a horse for the first time
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Things you may not want to say around non-Horse people SouthernTrails Horse Talk 19 01-08-2013 04:01 PM
    Fun things to do with 2 people and 2 horses martinevisacinder English Riding 3 11-10-2012 08:48 PM
    Things for horse that people often forget to buy! mselizabeth Horse Talk 22 10-30-2011 01:39 PM
    Funny things people have said.... SonnyWimps Horse Talk 5 05-06-2008 02:32 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:59 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0