Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
you know you're from Alberta when..
I know a few of you on here are fellow Albertans so I thought you would like this.. it is so true!
1."Vacation" means going to Calgary or Edmonton for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You often switch from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
4. You know several people who hit deer more than once.
5. You use a down comforter in the summer.
6. Your grandperents drive at 100 km/h through four meters of snow during a blizzard,without flinching.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car and your kids know how to use them.
8. You design your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
9. Driving is better in the winter because the pot-holes are filled. (I think above all else Edmontonians will understand this the most).
10. You know both seasons: Winter and Construction
11. You are bundled up in three sweaters, a parka, ski pants,a toque, two pairs of mittens, boots past your knees and 3 feet of snow in a -35(-8000 with windchill) blizzard, yoru eye-lashes are frozen together, your nose is running, you can't feel your toes and you still stop at the 7 Eleven for a Slurpee on the way home from the ski hill.
12. Gopher=Speed bump.
13. You actually understand these jokes
A change will only come, when we stand together as one- Michael Jackson, We Are The World. Michael will forever be in our hearts. Forever the King.