1."Vacation" means going to Calgary or Edmonton for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You often switch from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
4. You know several people who hit deer more than once.
5. You use a down comforter in the summer.
6. Your grandperents drive at 100 km/h through four meters of snow during a blizzard,without flinching.
7. You carry jumper cables in your car and your kids know how to use them.
8. You design your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
9. Driving is better in the winter because the pot-holes are filled. (I think above all else Edmontonians will understand this the most).
10. You know both seasons: Winter and Construction
11. You are bundled up in three sweaters, a parka, ski pants,a toque, two pairs of mittens, boots past your knees and 3 feet of snow in a -35(-8000 with windchill) blizzard, yoru eye-lashes are frozen together, your nose is running, you can't feel your toes and you still stop at the 7 Eleven for a Slurpee on the way home from the ski hill.
12. Gopher=Speed bump.
13. You actually understand these jokes