Garden State peperations - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping

Garden State peperations

This is a discussion on Garden State peperations within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
      #11
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whipple    
    Ok, well besides basics, does your horse wear polos, or boots? Forgive my ignorance, I have no idea what horses wear when jumping, if anything. All your grooming supplies, bands if you're braiding. All your clothes, and any grooming supplies. Hair bands, hair spray, ect. Friends/family to cheer for you. Cash, and extra snacks. If there are issues with bugs, then bug spray, sunscreen lotion/spray. Hmm, that's all I can think of right now. Did I help at all?
    Yes thank you. I didn't think about bug spray because our barn has been pretty good. But that's a good idea.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-28-2009, 05:03 PM
      #12
    Banned
    Maybe it is time for all of us to just back off and agree to start over from scratch...eh guys ?
         
        04-28-2009, 05:05 PM
      #13
    Weanling
    Good idea.
         
        04-28-2009, 05:10 PM
      #14
    Trained
    Mmkay, well my answer is still the same. It shouldn't be any different from the other shows you are used to going to. Just always bring backups.
         
        04-28-2009, 05:24 PM
      #15
    Weanling
    K I'll try 2 do that.
         
        04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
      #16
    Foal
    I don't know if you are willing to do this but I would LOVE to see pictures (not necessarily of you and your horse but of any of the competitors). It would be really cool to see pics of you and your horse competing there but honestly any horse and rider. I know that's not really horse related but I think it would be awesome to see some "live" pictures of the riders there.

    I would personally take an extra halter and lead (you never know when you're going to need it).

    Horse treats (unless you don't give your horse treats).

    Definitely bring medical supplies (unless your trainer does?). If you don't bring them, something bad is bound to happen. You know how horses are.

    Good luck and keep us updated! I wish Indy was ready to compete at an event like that.
         
        04-28-2009, 07:23 PM
      #17
    Green Broke
    For my horse:
    Saddle
    Girth
    Pads (schooling and show)
    Bridles
    Martingales
    Boots
    No-bow wraps (assuming you'll wrap his legs at night)
    Standing wraps
    Normal grooming supplies (don't forget the showsheen, etc)
    Stuff to bathe your horse (shampoo, sweat scraper, etc)
    Hose (most places have places to wash your horse but no hose!)
    Seam ripper
    Stuff to clean/condition your tack
    Liniment/vetrolin if you use it
    Hoof polish
    Shipping boots
    Sheets
    Tack trunk
    Ear plugs?
    Saddle rack?
    Bute?

    For you:
    Schooling clothes
    Show clothes
    Hang out clothes
    Helmet/hairnet
    Boot polish
    Gloves

    You mentioned that you help your trainer remember to bring everything, this is what our barn brings:
    Curtains
    All things to hang up the curtains (zip ties, staple gun, wood, etc)
    Tables/chairs for aisle
    Plants/mulch, for aisle
    Stall front decor
    Wrap holders for front of stall
    Bridle hooks for front of stall
    Buckets for feed/water
    Chains/snaps to hang buckets
    Hose (don't forget the nozzle, we forgot our last week and what a pain!)
    Wheelbarrow
    Manure forks
    Feed
    Hay
    Pliers (for hay, curtains, etc)
    Saddle racks for tack room
    Bridle hooks for tack room
    Cross ties if you get a grooming stall
    Rubber mats
    COGGINS PAPERS!
    USEF membership cards
    First aid kit
    Chairs to sit in when you're hanging out
    $$$$

    Like I said in another post, there will be tons of tack venders there! So should you forget anything you can pick up another one. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Basically, you bring everything you need at home. And everything you take to shows. yeah, it's a lot of stuff...

    I'll add to the list if I can think of anything more.
         
        04-28-2009, 07:28 PM
      #18
    Green Broke
    Ooh, I knew i'd forget something. Don't know if you'll be bedding your horse's stalls or if you have grooms... but most places you order your shavings there and they bring it in a bunch of bags. Which you have to rip open and lay down before you unload your horse. It's MUCH easier if you have a knife to cut them all open. Those little "leatherman" tools (like a swiss army knife but so much cooler) are incrediblyl helpful and a must for any horse showing person!
         
        04-28-2009, 09:34 PM
      #19
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solo    
    I don't know if you are willing to do this but I would LOVE to see pictures (not necessarily of you and your horse but of any of the competitors). It would be really cool to see pics of you and your horse competing there but honestly any horse and rider. I know that's not really horse related but I think it would be awesome to see some "live" pictures of the riders there.

    I would personally take an extra halter and lead (you never know when you're going to need it).

    Horse treats (unless you don't give your horse treats).

    Definitely bring medical supplies (unless your trainer does?). If you don't bring them, something bad is bound to happen. You know how horses are.

    Good luck and keep us updated! I wish Indy was ready to compete at an event like that.
    Ok I will!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by upnover    
    For my horse:
    Saddle
    Girth
    Pads (schooling and show)
    Bridles
    Martingales
    Boots
    No-bow wraps (assuming you'll wrap his legs at night)
    Standing wraps
    Normal grooming supplies (don't forget the showsheen, etc)
    Stuff to bathe your horse (shampoo, sweat scraper, etc)
    Hose (most places have places to wash your horse but no hose!)
    Seam ripper
    Stuff to clean/condition your tack
    Liniment/vetrolin if you use it
    Hoof polish
    Shipping boots
    Sheets
    Tack trunk
    Ear plugs?
    Saddle rack?
    Bute?

    For you:
    Schooling clothes
    Show clothes
    Hang out clothes
    Helmet/hairnet
    Boot polish
    Gloves

    You mentioned that you help your trainer remember to bring everything, this is what our barn brings:
    Curtains
    All things to hang up the curtains (zip ties, staple gun, wood, etc)
    Tables/chairs for aisle
    Plants/mulch, for aisle
    Stall front decor
    Wrap holders for front of stall
    Bridle hooks for front of stall
    Buckets for feed/water
    Chains/snaps to hang buckets
    Hose (don't forget the nozzle, we forgot our last week and what a pain!)
    Wheelbarrow
    Manure forks
    Feed
    Hay
    Pliers (for hay, curtains, etc)
    Saddle racks for tack room
    Bridle hooks for tack room
    Cross ties if you get a grooming stall
    Rubber mats
    COGGINS PAPERS!
    USEF membership cards
    First aid kit
    Chairs to sit in when you're hanging out
    $$$$

    Like I said in another post, there will be tons of tack venders there! So should you forget anything you can pick up another one. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Basically, you bring everything you need at home. And everything you take to shows. yeah, it's a lot of stuff...

    I'll add to the list if I can think of anything more.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by upnover    
    ooh, I knew i'd forget something. Don't know if you'll be bedding your horse's stalls or if you have grooms... but most places you order your shavings there and they bring it in a bunch of bags. Which you have to rip open and lay down before you unload your horse. It's MUCH easier if you have a knife to cut them all open. Those little "leatherman" tools (like a swiss army knife but so much cooler) are incrediblyl helpful and a must for any horse showing person!
    Thanx! I'm going to copy and paste it to my other list and print it!
         
        04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
      #20
    Trained
    I just don't get it - if you compete A Circuit, shouldn't you know all this by now?

    Good luck at the comp.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Hi From Washington State chopeye Meet the Community 3 04-16-2009 05:35 PM
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil califcowgirl Movies, Music, and TV 0 10-26-2008 11:40 PM
    Garden State Horse Show 2008 appylover31803 Horse Shows 6 04-06-2008 06:22 PM
    Misty and Eddie in my back garden!! moomoo Horse Pictures 17 03-01-2008 02:49 PM
    hello from the sunny state Charlie Horse Meet the Community 1 07-02-2007 07:00 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0