Is he doubting himself, or can he really not do it? - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping

Is he doubting himself, or can he really not do it?

This is a discussion on Is he doubting himself, or can he really not do it? within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category

    Like Tree6Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-27-2011, 01:03 PM
      #21
    Foal
    Okay, first of all, the entire point of me starting this thread was asking why he couldn't clear 2'6. I guess mentioning the fact that he refused at a show was a mistake, because it didn't have anything to do with anything.

    I already said I cannot hire a trainer without being tight on money. In the case of emergency, that could be extremely bad. The only reason I can do shows is that I am sponsored by my family and friends. Almost everything in shows is paid for me, I pay for anything else contending to my horse, including trainers. I came to you guys because it is a free form of 'help'

    The only reason I became so offensive was because nearly everyone on this site has become disrespectful. It doesnt help, it just makes people mad and defensive like me. I may have over done it on this thread, and I apologize. When I turned down ideas, I was just explaining why I already knew they didnt work. I actually did try some of them, and they just didnt work. The fillers did, and that's all I really needed to know.

    Thanks for the ones of you that really did try to help, I no longer need help on this thread.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-27-2011, 04:44 PM
      #22
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donatellodemerlieux    
    I guess mentioning the fact that he refused at a show was a mistake, because it didn't have anything to do with anything.

    That's really odd, but you discuss it in this thread, and identify what YOU did wrong in each situation.

    I fell off not once, but TWICE!

    But you are done with the thread, so I am too.
         
        08-27-2011, 11:07 PM
      #23
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexS    
    That's really odd, but you discuss it in this thread, and identify what YOU did wrong in each situation.

    I fell off not once, but TWICE!

    But you are done with the thread, so I am too.
    but my point is, I asked for pointers on getting him to clear 2'6, not pointers on how to not screw up at a show. I know what I did wrong and what I needed to do to help him, and I fixed it. It still has nothing to do with this thread.
         
        08-27-2011, 11:47 PM
      #24
    Banned
    It has everything to do with it. A seasoned horse will be forgiving, a greener horse doesn't know what to do and if you set them up wrong they will refuse, take off at all the wrong point or jump flat and take down the fence.

    I am sorry but it is very poor form to blame your horse, and I don't see it that way. You should set your horse up for success and question yourself, a mini could jump 2'6'' easily.
         
        08-28-2011, 12:36 PM
      #25
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AlexS    
    It has everything to do with it. A seasoned horse will be forgiving, a greener horse doesn't know what to do and if you set them up wrong they will refuse, take off at all the wrong point or jump flat and take down the fence.

    I am sorry but it is very poor form to blame your horse, and I don't see it that way. You should set your horse up for success and question yourself, a mini could jump 2'6'' easily.
    I'm NOT blaming my horse, I've always had in mind that 99% of things that go wrong are from rider-error, but I always have to keep in mind that it could be my horse too. He's getting older, and things change. It's not like I'm treating him poorly because I think it's his fault. I'm just questioning every aspect of it to be sure I know what's wrong. As I've said 100x now, all I had to do was add the fillers and everything was ok.
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0