It's a privately owned barn, and whatever gets done comes out of the owners pocket - or from me and the other rider who are working on this.
So with that being said, this needs to be cost efficient. We have some scrap materials we can use to make jumps around, and we could attempt to find some freebie give aways. I believe the other rider helping is getting the paint.
We were thinking of doing a medieval theme. We had an awesome idea for some castle tower standards. We are looking to make around 8 jumps.
I'm running out of ideas. I think I have 5 things down and no clue what to do on the next 3. We do want these to be interesting and nice looking because there's a possibility of some schooling shows being hosted at the barn.
These also need to be pretty easily adjustable jumps. Probably able to go down to 18". There's a wide range of jumping levels at the barn. I'm doing 18" with my green mare, and there's some girls doing 3'. Most are doing 2'-2'6".
My ideas thus far:
1) Castle jump. Standards are castle towers with flags in the barn colors on top. Possibly a very low "castle wall" shaped wall under and barn-color themed pole to go over that.
2) Dragon jump. This needs work! I'm not sure what to do with the standards. I do know there will be a plywood cut-out of a dragon underneath with a pole over the top.
3) Suit of armor/knight jump. This one is iffy. I don't know where we could get ahold of some cheap suits of mock-armor. So it might go out the door, but I think it would be awesome to have them facing out on either sides of the standards. Thinking of making "lances" to use as an xrail, and an optional pole over the top.
4) Crown jump. This one is the most do-able. Crowns would hang on the tops of the standards and we have a couple of wooden palates we cut in half and I was thinking we could get some of those fake decorating jewels and glue them to the slats. Optional pole over the top.
5) Merlin jump. This one would be EPIC. Wizard hats for the standards. We could get some shiny stars and moons garland to wrap around the top pole. Maybe make a couple of poles to look like magic wands and use them as and option for an xrail.
Now I'm hoping to pick you guys' brains for ideas and modifications to my current ideas!
We DO have a set of chainmail armor at the barn. The BO said it's really just sitting around, she found it in the back of her sister's car. ROFL!