How far do you think he can go jumping:) - Page 8
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping

How far do you think he can go jumping:)

This is a discussion on How far do you think he can go jumping:) within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-09-2010, 11:26 AM
      #71
    Green Broke
    ^ that's what I was thinking! Haha I was wondering why an injured leg would be sronger after an wreck...
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-09-2010, 11:59 AM
      #72
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ridergirl23    
    ^ that's what I was thinking! Haha I was wondering why an injured leg would be sronger after an wreck...
    Just saying what I've been told:P
         
        01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
      #73
    Foal
    He seems to struggle....hes good til you get to about.. 1 min and 11 seconds. At that point he seems to struggle.
    He needs lots of bounces, small gymnastic lines and loooots of proper flexing and flat work and im sure you can get him higher.
         
        01-15-2010, 02:59 PM
      #74
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JumperDak15    
    he seems to struggle....hes good til you get to about.. 1 min and 11 seconds. At that point he seems to struggle.
    He needs lots of bounces, small gymnastic lines and loooots of proper flexing and flat work and im sure you can get him higher.
    Since those videos I've been working on 3 and 4 bounces in a line and gradually making the distances smaller. Also on Monday I did a treble with a shorter distances than he's used to and he popped the jumps and waited for me after each one wereas he used to get long the more jumps he did:) he's also now working in a long low outline in trot for a bit and im doing stretches with him on the ground:)
    Thanks for commenting:)
         
        01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
      #75
    Foal
    If you get him to flex properly you will also build up his topline and neck muscles, and he will shape up better overall, which will also help for jumping.
    I wouldnt push him to much or to hard...just remember don't always jump,

    My routine with my jumper is, lunging in the morning, flat work in the after noon, or if I don't have time to lunge, its just flat work in the after noon, then I do 3 days of that, then 1 day of jumping, then the same thing, dressage/flat work REALLY helps the rider and horse.

    Good luck.
         
        01-19-2010, 03:21 PM
      #76
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JumperDak15    
    if you get him to flex properly you will also build up his topline and neck muscles, and he will shape up better overall, which will also help for jumping.
    I wouldnt push him to much or to hard...just remember don't always jump,

    My routine with my jumper is, lunging in the morning, flat work in the after noon, or if I don't have time to lunge, its just flat work in the after noon, then I do 3 days of that, then 1 day of jumping, then the same thing, dressage/flat work REALLY helps the rider and horse.

    Good luck.
    I was actually looking at Oscar today and can deffintly see/feel the topline being built up! I've been doing loads and loads of transitions and leg yielding and he's now really started working along his back and i've noticed his a LOT freeer <?> over jumps!
    Oh I know about not always jumping! The most jumping I do might be twice a week (once at home other at show) but normally its once a week or once a fortnight depending on whats going on.
    Im also entered in a 4 week dressage league and the training for it has been such a great help!
    Thanks for your advice:)
         
        01-27-2010, 05:21 PM
      #77
    Yearling
    I agree with the horse "breaking down soon by jumping such high jumps for long periods of time. Its happening to a horse at the barn I board at. He is really talented though
         
        01-28-2010, 11:37 AM
      #78
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladybugsgirl    
    I agree with the horse "breaking down soon by jumping such high jumps for long periods of time. Its happening to a horse at the barn I board at. He is really talented though
    I agree with horses breaking down if they jump high for long periods of time but I can't rember the last time I jumped over 1.10m on Oscar. Its probably been at least 6 months!
         
        01-30-2010, 01:22 AM
      #79
    Foal
    Quote:
    ok not being at all argumentative but just saying any horse who sees a smaller option is going to take it. If I saw an easier way out of doing something id be the 1st to take it!
    *Butting in here, but this statement is absolutely bonkers, and it dismisses the arousal of the concept that he is uncomfortable jumping the height you are pushing him for.

    Very lovely horse to be so patient for you. Just work on a lot of small grids and such.

    Although height is fun, it is easy to ruin a horse by pushing them to far ultimately resulting in them having an uncurable fear of jumping all together. So just be patient, careful, and take your height advances SLOW.
         
        01-30-2010, 11:21 AM
      #80
    Trained
    This thread needs to die.......
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Please do a jumping critique of Eddie jumping 3'9". fortheloveofhorse Horse Riding Critique 18 09-18-2009 01:56 AM
    Jumping...HELP~! ChingazMyBoy Horse Training 5 04-22-2009 08:28 PM
    Jumping :) Vicizmax Horse Riding Critique 16 04-03-2009 08:43 PM
    jumping help? xpyrrohs English Riding 2 03-27-2009 07:08 PM
    Jumping ? southafrica1001 Jumping 10 09-20-2008 10:37 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0