Jump Wings???? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping

Jump Wings????

This is a discussion on Jump Wings???? within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-27-2009, 09:42 PM
      #11
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Miss Katie    
    6 foot huh.... Soooo that must equate to like 6 star level

    You need to start being more careful with what you post. NO educated event rider would take an crazy horse on course.
    She didn't know he was crazy. And she wasn't an eventer.
    Those horses are trained very carefully to jump the heights they do, which FYI are not 6 ft, maybe four at most (1.2m anyway). They are brought through the lower levels and TRAINED to do what they do.

    Now I admit I havent competed up to 3 star, and Im not some great knowledgable event rider, but I have schooled up to 1 star, and I CAN tell you that even at the lower levels those fences demand respect and absolute trust in your horse, as well as a great deal of skill from both horse and rider. You can't just gallop blindly and expect a favorable outcome. And you can't just hop on any old horse and have them clear these obsticals.

    The statement you made was uneducated, and insulting to people who partake in the sport and put a great deal of effort into finding a suitable horse and then training it.
    Well I find the people who slam their horses into jumps insulting. I think cross country courses are cruel that's y the united kingdom is making them so that the will move. I'm sorry but ALOT of event horses are crazy. Not saying yours or anybody's else is. I'm saying that alot of event horses are put under lot of pressure they can't live up to.
    Doesn't anybody remeber the people last year who lost their lives on the cross country course. Ya'll know the FEI are looking into this right?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-27-2009, 09:51 PM
      #12
    Trained
    Wow, off topic or what...

    Brooke, I think the jump wing posted that was a wooden rail with a wooden cross base at the bottom would probably be the simplest and most cost effective option for making them yourselves. One thing, decide if you want to buy cups (the things the poles rest on) or you want to make your own. You will need to know what type/size cups you will be using before you drill the holes.
         
        04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
      #13
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wild_spot    
    Wow, off topic or what...

    Brooke, I think the jump wing posted that was a wooden rail with a wooden cross base at the bottom would probably be the simplest and most cost effective option for making them yourselves. One thing, decide if you want to buy cups (the things the poles rest on) or you want to make your own. You will need to know what type/size cups you will be using before you drill the holes.
    I agree no more of picking on each other. Especially each other's trainers that is off limits.
         
        04-28-2009, 12:42 AM
      #14
    Yearling
    I'm sorry, but I've read many of your recent posts, and you seem to be bringing this on yourself.
    Sorry about getting OT but I couldn't help myself.
         
        04-28-2009, 12:47 AM
      #15
    Trained
    I agree whipple, just didn't want to go off topic myself after admonishing others for it... lol.
         
        04-28-2009, 12:48 AM
      #16
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Whipple    
    I'm sorry, but I've read many of your recent posts, and you seem to be bringing this on yourself.
    Sorry about getting OT but I couldn't help myself.
    OT? What does that mean?
         
        04-28-2009, 12:50 AM
      #17
    Trained
    OT = Off Topic.
         
        04-28-2009, 12:53 AM
      #18
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wild_spot    
    OT = Off Topic.
    Ok thanx for explaining.
         
        04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
      #19
    Trained
    Quote:
    Well I find the people who slam their horses into jumps insulting. I think cross country courses are cruel that's y the united kingdom is making them so that the will move. I'm sorry but ALOT of event horses are crazy. Not saying yours or anybody's else is. I'm saying that alot of event horses are put under lot of pressure they can't live up to.
    Doesn't anybody remeber the people last year who lost their lives on the cross country course. Ya'll know the FEI are looking into this right?

    I think you need to educate yourself on the world of eventing and how things are done. You also need to re-educate yourself on the horses.

    For you to say allot of Event horses are insane - you are way out in left field. And the reason why there were so many accidents is because of the Short Format.

    Get educated before you generalize my sport.
         
        04-29-2009, 12:54 AM
      #20
    Yearling
    Very well said.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Lattice Wings For Sale- NE GA MovingOn Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 04-19-2009 02:48 PM
    Jiff with wings:hes watching over me:) jiffers328 Horse Pictures 11 03-22-2009 05:52 AM
    Look, Ma! I can jump!! MirrorStage2009 Horse Videos 2 09-17-2008 02:31 AM
    DIY jumping wings - Has anybody made some??? JDsmum Horse Talk 1 08-16-2008 11:30 PM
    when i jump i nearly die! horsecrazy15 Horse Training 14 12-04-2007 05:05 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0