Jumping ?

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping

Jumping ?

This is a discussion on Jumping ? within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category

    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-27-2008, 12:57 AM
    Jumping ?

    Hey everyone, I've recently been watching a few fei jumping competitions on tv, and reading alot of the jumping topics. I have one wuestion though, I've been jumping for a while but never learnt two point ever, is this an american thing though? Because I thought I saw only the americans in the fei competitions using two point, and no one that I ride with knows what two point is? Sorry for the long post :)
    Sponsored Links
        06-27-2008, 02:22 AM
    Hmm...good question. I'm American...yet I've seen people from other countries jumping- & they use 2-point.
    How high are you jumping? In certain heights (like a foot or lower), you don't need to really be in a two-point. You can poke your butt out, lol.
        06-30-2008, 11:18 PM
    Lol sorry for taking long to reply. Right now we are jumping 90cm and some 1m, but I've read on some boards that you learn two point before you learn to jump? Yea I saw on the fei that some people didnt look like they were out of their saddle, but in the american team it was easily seen? Sorry for all the questions
        07-01-2008, 01:46 PM
    The term itself might be american but if you are jumping, regardless of the height, YOU HAVE to go in 2 point, you just do.

    The second you close you hip angle and move forward to follow your horse's movement over the fence-you are in 2 point
        07-02-2008, 06:48 AM
    Ok thanks, so are you in two point just before the jump or quite a while before? Thanks
    Edit: just read another board, and im now thinking its the position over a jump? If it is so we call it jumping position over here lol that could be why I was confused?
        07-02-2008, 10:12 AM
    The jumping position is pretty much "2 point". All it is, is different terms being used for it. Didn't realise it varied so much from continent to continent
        07-02-2008, 01:50 PM
    Ok thanks some how I got the idea that two point is the position in which you ride around the whole jumping course, not your position over the jump, thanks so much for clearing that up for me
        07-11-2008, 12:55 AM
    I'm American and I never jump with out using two point.
        07-12-2008, 07:35 AM
    I'm British, and that position with your bum just out of the saddle and whatnot is known as 'jumping position' here, too :) Just different names for the same thing.
        08-18-2008, 11:02 AM
    Yea all my teachers have been irish or english and they've always called it jumping position so it gets confusing when you hear the different terms

    Thread Tools

    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:52 AM.

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0