1) What sort of equipment will I need, besides the actual jumps?
2) How can I tell if he's not going to be any good at it? I think this is my biggest question, becauseand I don't want to push him to do something if he isn't going to enjoy it or be good at it.
3) Um, that's all the questions I can think of...
Before you even start, youll need to learn how to ride english. Make sure that your xpierenced enough yourself or you might do something wrong, look into talking with people and making sure you know what your doing. If you ever need anything I can answer more questions... just make sure you know what your doing including your two point and your releases
1) It all depends you'll need a english saddle, girth, bridle. The extras depend on your horse, watch your horse over a few jumps, free in the ring, does he brush while jumping if he does you might want to buy some bell boots if he throws his head up while cllecting for the jump you might want to get an martingale
2) Youll be able to know becaus he wont feel comfortable and he wont look comfortable over the jumps, I've never really worked with a horse who doesnt like jumping so I wouldnt know what else might send a red flag up.
Horses are my life, if theyre wasnt such a thing life would suck!