The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping


This is a discussion on Rollback? within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category
  • Rollback western
  • Youtube how to do a rollback on a horse

LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-11-2008, 09:54 PM

What exactly is a rollback and how do you do it?
Sponsored Links
    04-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Because I can't explain anything:

Or if your western rollback:

I see a noticeable difference but my mom says they are the same. 8)
    04-12-2008, 11:40 AM
A roll back in jumping is when there are 2 fences next to each other and you jump one turn and jump the other one. Sometimes they are set on diagonals and jump one turn and jump the other one. Or they can be set straight on.

Here is a video the first two jumps she does is considered a roll back
    04-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh I get it. Kinda like a u-turn. That's what it should be called. Less confusing.

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0