Selling my Horse
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping

Selling my Horse

This is a discussion on Selling my Horse within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category
  • My mum is selling my horse
  • Selling horse college

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    09-26-2010, 07:59 AM
  #1
Foal
Thumbs down Selling my Horse

I'm turning 14 soon, And I am really interested in jumping and I want to get competitive and enter competitions like stoneleigh and national and international competitions and I want a career in horseriding and I want a place at Celyn equine college but they only accept horses (14.2hh and up), but at the moment I have a beautiful but very small 13hh welsh Sec B and my mum said if I want a bigger, better jumping horse then I need to sell my little horse so she can have the money to buy me a bigger one, but I can't bring myself to do it, we have formed such a strong bond and I totally understand him, but I cannot expect him to jump heights of 4-5ft and I am getting a little big for him now height wise, weight wise i'm not as I am only 5 stone but its like choosing between my head and heart :\ people please help me as I really do not know what to do. Head or Heart?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    09-26-2010, 08:14 AM
  #2
Yearling
Oh well 14 too and im competing my 14hh Connemara who jumps like mad. I mean Its hard to say goodbye to the ones you love, always! but I think deep down you know the time has come. When you get your new one im sure you will bond with them to. Its the world of horses, you can't keep them all. So I suggest you do actually sell your pony of course to a nice home hopefully where she will stay. Because we all have to move on if we want to be serious and get to the top!! Im not trying to sound heartless!! Im really feeling for you! I have to wait a year until I can hopefully import a well bred yearling. So for now Jack is going as far as I can get him!!

Good luck!! Xx
     
    09-26-2010, 08:22 AM
  #3
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofDiamonds    
Oh well 14 too and im competing my 14hh Connemara who jumps like mad. I mean Its hard to say goodbye to the ones you love, always! but I think deep down you know the time has come. When you get your new one im sure you will bond with them to. Its the world of horses, you can't keep them all. So I suggest you do actually sell your pony of course to a nice home hopefully where she will stay. Because we all have to move on if we want to be serious and get to the top!! Im not trying to sound heartless!! Im really feeling for you! I have to wait a year until I can hopefully import a well bred yearling. So for now Jack is going as far as I can get him!!

Good luck!! Xx
I totally Agree with what your saying, red is an amazing jumper jumping heights of 3ft for his height of 13hh! But he is also Very good in the showing ring, back in august I won a lot on him, including a first prize and trophy, and i'm not really sure if he enjoys jumping that much, he seems to get fed up of it so is it really fair to make him do it just because I like it? Im considering saying on his ad: Suitable show pony because that's what he is although he can jump aswell, its just whether he enjoys the jumping or not, some days he seems to and others well he just doesnt. Ahh well nothings happening till spring so I can get him well schooled and up his price a bit, he is a beautiful example of his breed, and has won a lot in the showing ring with me <3
     
    09-26-2010, 08:42 AM
  #4
Yearling
Yeah they continue to wow us all!! Jack just jumped 1mtr 30 the other day which is the same height as world cup show jumping, and cleared it with a beeze so im thinking of trying to get into the youth eventing team. Im lucky I never have to sell jack but I have had to sell many of my other beloved ponies but I mean it gets easier as you get on with your new one. I agree get him as schooled up as possible so you get as much as you can!! What breed are you looking for? I would say he can jump because that is a extra bounes people look for. :) Tell me a bit about him, I would love to hear.
     
    09-26-2010, 08:46 AM
  #5
Showing
It's hard to let go even if it's the right thing at times. As you outgrow your pony, think of her next owner - someone he can take care of like he took care of you. It would certainly be the best of all worlds if it were possible to keep him but as you grow both physically and with experience, but you will be using him less and less. That isn't fair to your pony and you could be depriving him of a full life with a new owner.

As a parent, it was tough to see my kids grow and move away but it's part of life - no different then what you know you need to do with your pony.
     
    09-26-2010, 09:00 AM
  #6
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses    
It's hard to let go even if it's the right thing at times. As you outgrow your pony, think of her next owner - someone he can take care of like he took care of you. It would certainly be the best of all worlds if it were possible to keep him but as you grow both physically and with experience, but you will be using him less and less. That isn't fair to your pony and you could be depriving him of a full life with a new owner.

As a parent, it was tough to see my kids grow and move away but it's part of life - no different then what you know you need to do with your pony.
That Is also very true, I am reading these out to my mum and she agrees with all of them I know I will probably end up selling him but its such a hard thing to do, he runs to the gate whenever he sees me and he totally loves me, and I will feel like im letting him down; turning him away but I am not :\ its a sad world where money makes decisions for you but its the way of life, if we were rich wealthy people we would be able to keep all 3 horses but were not so that's it :\ thankyou for your helpful and supportive response!
     
    09-26-2010, 09:07 AM
  #7
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseyGirlx    
if we were rich wealthy people we would be able to keep all 3 horses but were not so that's it :\
If we were rich wealthy people we would not have horses!!
Haha sorry I couldnt help myself
     
    09-26-2010, 09:11 AM
  #8
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofDiamonds    
Yeah they continue to wow us all!! Jack just jumped 1mtr 30 the other day which is the same height as world cup show jumping, and cleared it with a beeze so im thinking of trying to get into the youth eventing team. Im lucky I never have to sell jack but I have had to sell many of my other beloved ponies but I mean it gets easier as you get on with your new one. I agree get him as schooled up as possible so you get as much as you can!! What breed are you looking for? I would say he can jump because that is a extra bounes people look for. :) Tell me a bit about him, I would love to hear.
Well Red is a beautiful Chetsnut gelding welsh section B, he is very lively and loves hacking, he's really good out hacking and not much traffic bothers him, lorries and cars don't really bother him much, he has never bolted at traffic or reared or even spooked much. He isn't a novice ride but he is safe and fun. He loves other horses, and will hack out alone or in company. He's very clever and sophisticated for his young age (6 years) I have taught mostly everything he knows, I taught him how to jump as when he came to me he was only rising 4 and didn't know what a jump was. He is one of the most prettiest ponies i've ever seen and im not just being biased. Oh and the breed I would be looking for next would probably be something irish, preferably an irish sports horse but really anything with a good jump for BSJA standard. :) My profile Picture is me on a friends horse jumping 1.30 m :)
     
    09-26-2010, 09:22 AM
  #9
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackofDiamonds    
If we were rich wealthy people we would not have horses!!
Haha sorry I couldnt help myself
What sorry? Haha, I meant if we were rich i'd be able to keep red and have another horse aswell but were not rich so we can't :\
     
    09-26-2010, 09:32 AM
  #10
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseyGirlx    
What sorry? Haha, I meant if we were rich i'd be able to keep red and have another horse aswell but were not rich so we can't :\

Haha I was meaning we would all be rich if we didnt have horses!!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long do you keep after someone selling a horse? kathryn Horse Talk 6 04-28-2010 11:38 AM
Leasing vs. Selling your horse derbyday14 Horse Talk 5 03-08-2009 05:03 PM
I'm selling my horse and i'm sad Andi Horse Talk 4 02-11-2009 09:16 PM
selling french horse menager Horses for Sale 4 08-21-2008 10:46 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0