Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hatton Vale, QLD, Australia
is there anything else i can do??
as many of you know I've been working on jumping with possum. She had never jumped before I got her but has been really coming along well lately. So we are going to a showjumping day on the 24th. Im only doing the 30-45cm class with her but I want her to get the experience in.
So far I have been working with her on:
- rollbacks. She can turn like a barrel horse when she wants so we don't have many problems there :)
- different stride combos eg; bounces, 2 strides, 3 strides etc
- she changes canter lead herself when changing rein so I havent worked to hard on that
- different jump types eg; crossrails, oxers etc etc
- different heights. Not every jump is the same height.
- I've put all different kinds of things around the jumps but im not worried about her freaking out at the standards etc as nothing worries her lol
- and finally we've done some work on turning quickly after a jump.
I've been thinking there isnt a whole lot more that I can do prepare her considering I don't have a proper showjumping arena or anything but I thought id throw it out there and see if anyone can give me some ideas on other things I can do to prepare.
"I whisper but my horse doesnt listen...So I yell!!...He still doesnt listen"