What should I do to prepare?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > English Riding > Jumping

What should I do to prepare?

This is a discussion on What should I do to prepare? within the Jumping forums, part of the English Riding category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-20-2009, 04:55 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    What should I do to prepare?

    Things are coming along for my horse and me. What would you suggest to prepare for the big shows,ect.
    I'm going to Garden State and HITS.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-20-2009, 04:59 PM
      #2
    Foal
    What have you been doing? Do you know what you will be showing in? Do you consistently take lessons? Also, if you have some picture that would help! My barn was going to go to HITS last year but we didn't ... idk really remember why. :)
         
        04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
      #3
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juju    
    What have you been doing? Do you know what you will be showing in? Do you consistently take lessons? Also, if you have some picture that would help! My barn was going to go to HITS last year but we didn't ... idk really remember why. :)
    I take lessons with my trainer once a week. And she sometimes will give me min lessons. I'll be showing in the Pre-childrens Hunter and Equitation.
    I have been concentrating on my weak points.
    I'm thinking about what I'll forget to do or get be4 the shows.
         
        04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
      #4
    Foal
    You guys look good! Adorable hunter! I am hoping to do the Children stuff with my horse too. We just started the three feet. I am showing this sunday on him for the first time but only in Mini Medal.
    It looks like you've shown before - will this be your first time at an away show?
         
        04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
      #5
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juju    
    You guys look good! Adorable hunter! I am hoping to do the Children stuff with my horse too. We just started the three feet. I am showing this sunday on him for the first time but only in Mini Medal.
    It looks like you've shown before - will this be your first time at an away show?
    Yes 1st time.
    Where r you showing?
         
        04-20-2009, 07:14 PM
      #6
    Foal
    My barn is holding its "real" show in RI! We are all very excited!

    Bring all of the stuff that you would to a normal show and the follow (plus more ). Okay, I would prepare the food in little baggies so that you just have to dump them in the bucket. If you are going with a big(erish) barn then you will probably bring bags of differnt foods. I would suggest bringing enough buckets as we always seem to be short one. Also, bring enough double ended snaps because not all shows have special ties in the makeshift stalls! We always forget that! :) Find out ahead of time if they barn has on sight hay and shavings that you can buy (they probably will). As for tack, I always bring extra of everything to be safe. Make sure you bring schooling tack and a square pad for when you don't want to dirty your show pad. I have, overtime, created an "emergency" kit that I bring to all shows. It has bandages, aspirin, scissors, chapstick, suntan lotion, rags, baseball hats, stick notes, markers, a sewing kit - a little bit of everything! I keep adding to it too! I would bring an ace bandage for your horse's tai when it braided, and a seam ripper to get braids out.

    That's all that I have now but I know i'll think of more!
         
        04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
      #7
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juju    
    My barn is holding its "real" show in RI! We are all very excited!

    Bring all of the stuff that you would to a normal show and the follow (plus more ). Okay, I would prepare the food in little baggies so that you just have to dump them in the bucket. If you are going with a big(erish) barn then you will probably bring bags of differnt foods. I would suggest bringing enough buckets as we always seem to be short one. Also, bring enough double ended snaps because not all shows have special ties in the makeshift stalls! We always forget that! :) Find out ahead of time if they barn has on sight hay and shavings that you can buy (they probably will). As for tack, I always bring extra of everything to be safe. Make sure you bring schooling tack and a square pad for when you don't want to dirty your show pad. I have, overtime, created an "emergency" kit that I bring to all shows. It has bandages, aspirin, scissors, chapstick, suntan lotion, rags, baseball hats, stick notes, markers, a sewing kit - a little bit of everything! I keep adding to it too! I would bring an ace bandage for your horse's tai when it braided, and a seam ripper to get braids out.

    That's all that I have now but I know i'll think of more!
    Thanx! I didn't think of some of this stuff. I'll pass it along to my trainer.
         
        04-20-2009, 07:25 PM
      #8
    Foal
    I love to look for saddle pads and I found this really cute sight - anyways it has a great example of a nice emergency kit. It is nice to look at because you never think of half the things you actually need! Here is the link: http://www.raraequus.com/productcart...&idproduct=187
         
        04-20-2009, 07:36 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Sorry to double pst but I thought that i'd add that I have container for everything. I have small containers for my hairnets and earstuffies. My mom bought sheets and they came in these plastic baggie things and they are perfect for wraps, leather cleaner, treats, leather, and rags.
         
        04-20-2009, 08:29 PM
      #10
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by juju    
    Sorry to double pst but I thought that i'd add that I have container for everything. I have small containers for my hairnets and earstuffies. My mom bought sheets and they came in these plastic baggie things and they are perfect for wraps, leather cleaner, treats, leather, and rags.
    I don't care about double posting.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What do you do to prepare for a show? Harlee rides horses Horse Grooming 4 02-17-2009 04:56 AM
    How do you prepare your horse? Zanesgirl Horse Training 5 02-13-2009 07:04 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:39 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0