So I just back from a showjumping competition with Riley, we had what you could call a "bad day" - I call it a "go back to bed day".
To summarise our problems, we had:
- 2 runout/shies about 10ft away from the spread in the practice ring, both followed by rears and spins that nearly sent me flying twice
- 2 rails in the first round of AM6 (3 round class that is NORMALLY our best)
- 1 refusal at the vertical in the practice ring of the second class (again, shy, rear and spin)
- 1 rail and 1 stop in the jumpoff of the second class (the first rail out of nowhere) but I'll admit the stop was my fault - we got over the last triple and onto the last fence and I went *phew, nearly done* and just sat there. and!
- The very first rail of the last class which was a "Fault and Out" so basically, you have a fault, your round is over.
Now I have (mostly HORRID) photo evidence of the day and I'm going to post it so you guys can share my pain, and hopefully post your own "horror stories" and photos.
The Bad (why hello ground! Not sure why I was looking there)
Oh well, there's always next time! If you've got fail photos, please post them!