Getting to Know OneAnother - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Meet the Community

Getting to Know OneAnother

This is a discussion on Getting to Know OneAnother within the Meet the Community forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-21-2010, 06:55 PM
      #21
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by All4Crystal    
    Haha speaking of that... the pets I can never have enough of are tarantulas and snakes. I keep my tarantulas on my nightstand, I have about 30 or 40 of them... I also have a few snakes.

    Zora: Thank you. Where could I buy all that? Would they have this stuff in Hobby Lobby? I'd love to try it. I never have, but I remember I loved playing with playdough when I was little, lol. I think it would be fun to try. :)
    Probably all you would need is the sculpy, you can google Super Sculpy and Magic-sculpt on the internet. I'm not sure if a local store would have it though.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-21-2010, 07:55 PM
      #22
    Foal
    Hey everyone, I'm Erin, but you can call me either Erin or Tosca (must be more than one Erin on this board). I'm 27 years old and am currently in college and in the nursing program. I will graduate December of 2011 with my RN (Registered Nurse) and am considering going on to get CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) since the difference between the two is about $50,000 annually... lol I start the program this Monday 8/23/2010.

    Anyhow, I unfortunately don't have a horse currently, but can't wait to be out of school and able to get another one. Hopefully in addition I'll be able to get back my last horse as well. I do however have a zoo of animals, with 2 birds, 3 cats, 4 dogs, 4 ferrets and about 100 fish.

    I've only owned three horses in my life, and the first two were good beginner horses simply because they were too lazy to put up a fight. It was a battle just to get them moving. The first one I got with my trainer way back when I was like 9, and he was a great horse and seemed to be perfect when we went to test ride him a few times, but lo and behold he had bad manners and was lazy. If he didn't want to move, he'd go as far as to roll to get you off of his back. The second one never did anything like that, though she didn't like moving faster than a walk.

    I gained all of my confidence back on my third horse, who ironically was NOT a beginners horse. He was abused and neglected in the first few years of his life, so he had tons of issues. He was headshy, spooked at everything, didn't like to be handled, and preferred to go fast. Although he was definitely a challenging horse to handle and ride, I loved him.

    Although I'm still fairly new to horses and may not be able to give much advise horse-wise, I love being here an browsing the forums. Who knows, in two years I'll probably be posting on the forums bragging about my new friend.
         
        08-22-2010, 08:28 AM
      #23
    Green Broke
    Hello everyone!

    I'm Lizzie, 18 years old. I've just finished college and going to university to study Equine Studies.

    I have been riding for 11 years, the once a week lesson thing. I started showing/ competing when I was 9, with a 4 year break recently. I got my first horse last year, William, a 12 year old Anglo-Arab.

    I have a 10 year old Border Collie, Jack and an 11 year old rescue cat, Wendy. Oh and a boyfriend, Chris, we've been together a year and a half.

    I love Music (Green Day and the Beatles are my fave. Bands). I play guitar (amongst other instruments).

    And that's me...
         
        08-22-2010, 08:47 AM
      #24
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tosca    
    Hey everyone, I'm Erin, but you can call me either Erin or Tosca (must be more than one Erin on this board). I'm 27 years old and am currently in college and in the nursing program. I will graduate December of 2011 with my RN (Registered Nurse) and am considering going on to get CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist) since the difference between the two is about $50,000 annually... lol I start the program this Monday 8/23/2010.

    Anyhow, I unfortunately don't have a horse currently, but can't wait to be out of school and able to get another one. Hopefully in addition I'll be able to get back my last horse as well. I do however have a zoo of animals, with 2 birds, 3 cats, 4 dogs, 4 ferrets and about 100 fish.

    I've only owned three horses in my life, and the first two were good beginner horses simply because they were too lazy to put up a fight. It was a battle just to get them moving. The first one I got with my trainer way back when I was like 9, and he was a great horse and seemed to be perfect when we went to test ride him a few times, but lo and behold he had bad manners and was lazy. If he didn't want to move, he'd go as far as to roll to get you off of his back. The second one never did anything like that, though she didn't like moving faster than a walk.

    I gained all of my confidence back on my third horse, who ironically was NOT a beginners horse. He was abused and neglected in the first few years of his life, so he had tons of issues. He was headshy, spooked at everything, didn't like to be handled, and preferred to go fast. Although he was definitely a challenging horse to handle and ride, I loved him.

    Although I'm still fairly new to horses and may not be able to give much advise horse-wise, I love being here an browsing the forums. Who knows, in two years I'll probably be posting on the forums bragging about my new friend.
    I too am an RN who will be going to CRNA school :) I have been out of school for a little over a year now, so in one more year, I can go back to school. Exciting!!
         
        08-22-2010, 08:56 AM
      #25
    Started
    Hiya, I'm Rachel (AKA Pony). I'm 18 and live in the South Bay Area of California. I've been riding since I was around 7 and got my first official horse when I was 14 or so. I've ridden Western my whole life, but never really competed in anything, just trail and a little bit of everything. I recently decided to try out the English world, and while it gave me a new respect for it and new ideas to incorporate into my riding, I learned it isn't really for me and am in the process of heading back into the Western world.

    I currently have a big silly bay TB gelding, 13, named Kainne, who is a real joy but just not the right horse for me and what I want to do, and I am in the process of selling him to a friend who he gets on great with. I'm a bit stuck in limbo at the moment waiting for her to be able to buy him, because since it's just really not the right match I just don't really enjoy riding him so I don't do it much. I can't get my next horse until he is sold, which may take a few more months.
    In the meantime I have been riding my mom's older red dun QH, Buddy, but I can't ask much of him because he's really getting on in his years and having some arthritis issues. I'm mostly just trying to iron out any problems he has undersaddle because my long-distance girlfriend of five years (complete horse noob) is going to be moving here next month and I'm hoping to teach her to ride on him, which will be very interesting!

    I'm not much of a dog person but my family has two dogs, a black Border Collie x Queensland named Lady and a pure Westie named Spiffy. We also have a cat named Ashley and sister has her own cat named Natasha. We also have a little yellow Parakeet named April Man (long story, lol)

    I love music...sort of a variety, some of my favourites being MGMT, Tegan and Sara, Feist, AFI, Death Cab for Cutie, Rilo Kiley, Brand New, Muse, and pretty much all things Conor Obest (Bright Eyes, Desaparecidos, etc.)

    I'm also vegan, but not creepy or extremist and not associated with PETA. I have been vegetarian for maybe five years and vegan for maybe two 1/2? I avoid owning any leather tack everywhere possible unless approached with a situation where my horse's comfort is at risk (like no synthetic saddles fitting) in which case I would buy used tack with minimal leather. I do not personally consume any animal products or use things tested on animals (unless by complete accident or literal necessity in the case of medicines). I'm not weird about it at all, it's just my personal choice for my life and certainly don't push it on anyone (but am more than happy to supply any information I have to anyone curious).

    That's about it. I feel a little bit out of place at time being gay and vegan in the horse world, lol, but I seem to manage so far.
         
        08-22-2010, 10:06 AM
      #26
    Green Broke
    Im Danielle, Im 16, and I live in South Africa. I have my bestest girl Love Story, and am surrounded by a lot more that I adore, called;
    Irish Dream
    Silver Sabre
    Traces of Gold
    Arrow Star
    Night Heat
    Bishop
    Sargeant Pepper
    Discovery
    Blackjack
    Damper
    Pony Girl and
    Shorty.

    I also have a cocker spaniel called Sadie, and a cat called Socks. :)
         
        08-22-2010, 10:57 AM
      #27
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rocky pony    

    I'm also vegan, but not creepy or extremist and not associated with PETA. I have been vegetarian for maybe five years and vegan for maybe two 1/2? I avoid owning any leather tack everywhere possible unless approached with a situation where my horse's comfort is at risk (like no synthetic saddles fitting) in which case I would buy used tack with minimal leather. I do not personally consume any animal products or use things tested on animals (unless by complete accident or literal necessity in the case of medicines). I'm not weird about it at all, it's just my personal choice for my life and certainly don't push it on anyone (but am more than happy to supply any information I have to anyone curious).
    .
    My aunt is a vegitarian & has been for atleast 20 years (prolly more), but what I find rather funny is that she recently started keeping her 2 dogs on an all meat diet So yeah, she still buys alot of meat from the store & grinds it up with other healthy stuff for them. It really grossed her out at first, but I guess she got the idea from a vet who said it is actually really good for them & because she's a nut about her dogs (she lives alone, see w/ no kids & they're pretty much her babies) she went full-out on it!
         
        08-22-2010, 11:00 AM
      #28
    Green Broke
    [QUOTE=LoveStory10;726592]Im Danielle, Im 16, and I live in South Africa.
    QUOTE]
    Cool, so you live in Africa!? I've never been so of course i'm like all us uncultured Albertans & picture it like it is in TV with all the bush, lions & elephants...i'm going to assume im way off & that's just certain parts, so what's it really like?
         
        08-22-2010, 12:59 PM
      #29
    Green Broke
    Lol, I LOVE how people think its like it is on TV. Some one once asked me if we have lions roaming the streets. The answer is no. Lol. We have a few nature reserves, mostly in Kenya and such, but here in SA we have the Kruger National Park, one of the best nature reserves in the world.

    We also hosted the world cup! Lol
         
        08-22-2010, 03:31 PM
      #30
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilruffian    
    My aunt is a vegitarian & has been for atleast 20 years (prolly more), but what I find rather funny is that she recently started keeping her 2 dogs on an all meat diet So yeah, she still buys alot of meat from the store & grinds it up with other healthy stuff for them. It really grossed her out at first, but I guess she got the idea from a vet who said it is actually really good for them & because she's a nut about her dogs (she lives alone, see w/ no kids & they're pretty much her babies) she went full-out on it!
    It's the funniest thing what we do for our animals! I always figure at least with cats and dogs, they're not made to have an option in the matter, they only really eat meat, so it would be pretty unfair and dangerous for them to try to change that, so I'd probably consider the same thing!
    But some veg people do try to make their carnivorous animals veg! Supposedly they make vegan dog and cat food and I just think that's not right. Supposedly it can be risky and I don't understand how anybody who considers themself an animal lover would put their own pets in danger.
    But the whole meat thing may be small part of why I so much prefer horses to cats or dogs
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0