Getting to Know OneAnother - Page 7
 
 

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Meet the Community

Getting to Know OneAnother

This is a discussion on Getting to Know OneAnother within the Meet the Community forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-30-2010, 02:16 AM
      #61
    Banned
    Bummer! I wish I had seen this thread before starting my own in the intro area, as I really don't need my own thread.

    Hi, I am Alex, I am a 34 year old (how did that happen?) female who is English but lived in America for 9 years now.

    I said my horse stuff in the thread I posted, so other than that my new hubby (just married 3 months ago) and I are foster parents to 5 teenage boys aged 16-20. They can be a little wild sometimes so I cannot wait for Tues when school and college starts up so I can get some time to myself and Lucas (5 yr old OTTB gelding) to get some more serious riding time in. It is just impossible to try to ride with the boys around, someone always argues, or someone finds something to fling around and spook him while I ride past.
    I just finished a summer work program supervising 'my' kids and 8 other kids at my horse barn, so after 6 weeks of working there, wouldn't you think they would be better around horses and learn not to run up behind them? Apparently not.


    So hi!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-30-2010, 05:34 PM
      #62
    Weanling
    I am Lydia and I am from Dallas, Texas. I am about to turn 27...eek!

    I am new to the forum, but not entirely new to horses. I am looking to get back into riding again and eventually purchasing a nice horse in a year or two.

    I have ridden many disciplines in the past including Hunter, Equitation, Western Pleasure, Barrels and Poles. I would really like to get into Eventing in the very near future.

    If anyone knows of a reputable barn/trainer in the Dallas area, please let me know :)
         
        08-30-2010, 06:33 PM
      #63
    Yearling
    Hi forum, I'm pretty new around here, but have definitely been around for the last couple months. My name is Matt and I'm 21 years old and live in Michigan. My girlfriend is also on here under the name britneypadilla. I've been riding for a few years now and have mostly dealt with untrained horses, or problem horses, even as a beginner. I've worked with somewhere around 50 horses that were mostly rescues, or problem horses people no longer wanted. I'm no longer involved with that anymore and in May I picked up my first horse Nova, a 15hh Grulla QH mare. She was underweight and untrained but fit well with my girlfriend's horses, a 9 year old paint, and her now 6 month old filly. Nova is now up to weight and what I would consider an advanced green horse. We mainly trailride around our house and get out of town a couple times a year with the horses. Our animals are basically our children though and we spoil them as much as possible.

    The following are our animals:

    Nova - 6 year old QH Mare
    Cami - 9 year old Paint Mare
    Kali - 6 month old TWH/Paint Filly out of Cami
    Te - 2 year old Doberman Pinscher
    Captain - 6 month old Pitbull
    Morgan - 1 year old GSD/Husky Mix
         
        09-08-2010, 01:52 PM
      #64
    Yearling
    Bump!!
         
        09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
      #65
    Green Broke
    Hey everyone! I am Sarah, I moved to Texas from Australia last Christmas to be closer to family and also to begin studying for my MBA. I am 27 years old, about to turn 28 and be one step closer to the dreaded 3-0.....

    My background is eventing but I have ridden and trained ex-racehorses since I was 14. I also ride trackwork and do pre-training. I love it here in Texas, there are horses EVERYWHERE and plenty of people who need them to be ridden/trained. The horse community has been so welcoming here in Texas that I feel right at home.

    I currently own one OTTB mare who is a real handful, I am currently schooling her in basic dressage and hope to begin jumping her next year if she progresses quickly enough. I also ride and train several other horses for people, not as many as I would like though - gotta keep those grades up!

    Interesting reading on the previous pages too, I hope people keep adding to this thread!
         
        09-08-2010, 02:21 PM
      #66
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarahver    
    Hey everyone! I am Sarah, I moved to Texas from Australia last Christmas to be closer to family and also to begin studying for my MBA. I am 27 years old, about to turn 28 and be one step closer to the dreaded 3-0.....

    My background is eventing but I have ridden and trained ex-racehorses since I was 14. I also ride trackwork and do pre-training. I love it here in Texas, there are horses EVERYWHERE and plenty of people who need them to be ridden/trained. The horse community has been so welcoming here in Texas that I feel right at home.

    I currently own one OTTB mare who is a real handful, I am currently schooling her in basic dressage and hope to begin jumping her next year if she progresses quickly enough. I also ride and train several other horses for people, not as many as I would like though - gotta keep those grades up!

    Interesting reading on the previous pages too, I hope people keep adding to this thread!
    What area of Texas? I am looking to purchase an OTTB in the next year or so. It would be my first OTTB. I want to get into Eventing. Just wondering if you had any contacts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
         
        09-08-2010, 02:46 PM
      #67
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DubyaS6    
    What area of Texas? I am looking to purchase an OTTB in the next year or so. It would be my first OTTB. I want to get into Eventing. Just wondering if you had any contacts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
    Aaaargh, too bad I didn't know about you a month ago! I just finished three months of training on an OTTB and sold him. He was a gentleman, 16.1hh, 6yo and sweet as can be! I have attached some piccies for no reason other than cos I was proud of him. I actually miss him now he is gone, it's hard when the horse isn't yours

    My little sister riding him:
    P8020351.jpg
    Me riding him:
    P8020371.jpg
    Him showing how much of a wild TB he is:
    P8020376.jpg

    Now that I am back at school I don't have as much time for training horses other than my own but if I hear of a good prospect I will PM you. I live in Austin but train horses in Houston which is quite far for you. Be ready for a heap of OTTB's becoming available in the Houston area since they most likely will not race them at Sam Houston come this January, only QH's and Arabs will be raced there. The TB racing industry will be in big strife and many trainers will be looking to get rid of their TB's.
         
        09-08-2010, 03:44 PM
      #68
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarahver    
    Aaaargh, too bad I didn't know about you a month ago! I just finished three months of training on an OTTB and sold him. He was a gentleman, 16.1hh, 6yo and sweet as can be! I have attached some piccies for no reason other than cos I was proud of him. I actually miss him now he is gone, it's hard when the horse isn't yours

    My little sister riding him:
    Attachment 40273
    Me riding him:
    Attachment 40274
    Him showing how much of a wild TB he is:
    Attachment 40275

    Now that I am back at school I don't have as much time for training horses other than my own but if I hear of a good prospect I will PM you. I live in Austin but train horses in Houston which is quite far for you. Be ready for a heap of OTTB's becoming available in the Houston area since they most likely will not race them at Sam Houston come this January, only QH's and Arabs will be raced there. The TB racing industry will be in big strife and many trainers will be looking to get rid of their TB's.
    Houston isnt too far. About 4 hours, but not that long of a drive to pick up a decent horse for a good price

    He is adorable!

    Thanks for keeping me in mind!
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:34 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0