Hi -waves frantically-
   

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Meet the Community

Hi -waves frantically-

This is a discussion on Hi -waves frantically- within the Meet the Community forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-12-2007, 02:23 PM
      #1
    Foal
    Hi -waves frantically-

    I'm Skye, I'm new, duh, I made the mistake of jumping to the part of this board that I need help and advise in, but I figured I might get better help if I maybe introduced myself first =].

    I'm 17 years old senior in highschool, I live just north of nashville tennessee, well actually about 45 minutes from nashville, I work at a local pub, it's my first job, and I don't make that bad of money, it's the hours that are killing me (i get under 6 hours a day, 4 days a week, I'd like to work 6) but I'll get over it. Ummm. That's all for now, beside the fact I don't own horses, which is basically why I'm here, I'm looking to buy a barrel mare soon.


    -shoves toward the buying selling and leasing forum-


    Haha, just kidding guys.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-12-2007, 04:18 PM
      #2
    Green Broke
    Hi Skye and welcome
         
        06-12-2007, 10:31 PM
      #3
    Foal
    Hey!

    I'm Mandi, 16. Born and raised around Arabs and Half Arabs. Currently own an Appy/Arab mare and a Half Arab gelding. Don't compete, just trail ride.

    Good look searching for a horse! :]
         
        06-12-2007, 11:50 PM
      #4
    Yearling
    Hello and Welcome!
         
        06-13-2007, 12:07 AM
      #5
    Foal
    Thanks guys.


    I rode an old old old arabian stallion for a while, people seem to freak when I say that, because they're supposed to be so spirited, this little guy was the most laid back horse I've ever ridden, =], and he's gorgeus too, I have some pictures of me and him somewhere, I may post later.
         
        06-13-2007, 10:07 AM
      #6
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thisskyeishuman
    Thanks guys.


    I rode an old old old arabian stallion for a while, people seem to freak when I say that, because they're supposed to be so spirited, this little guy was the most laid back horse I've ever ridden, =], and he's gorgeus too, I have some pictures of me and him somewhere, I may post later.
    Yeah, they sometimes get a bad reputation for that. :roll: Personally, I like spirited horses.

    I learned to ride on an old Arab mare. She was so gentle and forgiving. Hehe, one time, I don't even know how I managed it, but I bounced out of my saddle and landed on her rump and that good old mare just stopped and waited for me to get back in the saddle.
         
        06-13-2007, 10:30 AM
      #7
    Foal
    And I can see that happening too, you ride english I'm guessing? That would be crazy awkward feeling if it happened in a western saddle, but I guess it could happen in either style--

    Hah, so its kinda funny, I'm not a fan of trotting as I am a big chested girl, and I learned how to post from reading english books, and went to a western camp and posted, my instructor was like "what in the double hockey stick is she doing" she said it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen in her life, but I love it, it's a lot more comfortable.
         
        06-13-2007, 02:55 PM
      #8
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thisskyeishuman
    and I can see that happening too, you ride english I'm guessing? That would be crazy awkward feeling if it happened in a western saddle, but I guess it could happen in either style--

    Hah, so its kinda funny, I'm not a fan of trotting as I am a big chested girl, and I learned how to post from reading english books, and went to a western camp and posted, my instructor was like "what in the double hockey stick is she doing" she said it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen in her life, but I love it, it's a lot more comfortable.
    Haha, yes, I ride english. :p

    Fortunately, I'm small chested, but posting is alot easier, especially on a bumpy trotter. Haha, I post in western saddles too. You ride the horse not the saddle, right? It's all good, lol.
         
        06-13-2007, 03:25 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Exactly. Haha.
    Ride the horse and do your best to stay in the saddle, even if every one else thinks you like an idiot. I'm also a very toes-down rider, eek, people want to beat my calves into shape because of it, they cramp if my heals are at a lower angle than my toes though, it's really weird, I just gotta remember to stretch before I ride and I don't have a problem though.
    I'm horrible.
         
        06-13-2007, 04:28 PM
      #10
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thisskyeishuman
    Exactly. Haha.
    Ride the horse and do your best to stay in the saddle, even if every one else thinks you like an idiot. I'm also a very toes-down rider, eek, people want to beat my calves into shape because of it, they cramp if my heals are at a lower angle than my toes though, it's really weird, I just gotta remember to stretch before I ride and I don't have a problem though.
    I'm horrible.
    I'm sure your not horrible. Everyone has riding flaws. I've been riding for over 7 years now, and I still have things I'm working on. Like, I always have to remind myself to not pitch my shoulders forward when I ask for a canter. And my lower leg needs a TON of work over fences. Blah. No one's perfect. And I think when you work with horses, you can never expect to be perfect, because your constantly learning. It's alot of fun though.
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0