how to #2...
   

       The Horse Forum > The Horse Forum Community > Meet the Community

how to #2...

This is a discussion on how to #2... within the Meet the Community forums, part of the The Horse Forum Community category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-04-2010, 12:50 AM
      #1
    Foal
    Exclamation how to #2...

    How would you go about fiding your horses pedegree for free and fiding information about their parents?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-04-2010, 11:16 AM
      #2
    Showing
    All Breed Pedigree Query works if someone put your horse's name in there to begin with. You can ignore the subscription choices and look at the menu bar on top. Type in your horse's registered name and it will give you a 5 generation history of your horse. You can click on any of the horses in the pedigree and it will expand that horse. If there is a red star next to a horse's name, then there will be more information - such as picture, accomplishments, etc.
         
        08-04-2010, 11:18 AM
      #3
    Yearling
    You can also add your horse to all All Breed Pedigree Query if you know your horses parents.
         
        08-04-2010, 11:20 AM
      #4
    Showing
    Is the horse registered, and do you have its registration papers?

    Registration papers usually show bloodlines back at least 5 generations.

    If your horse is a grade then no, you won't be able to find anything out about its parents.
         
        08-04-2010, 11:25 AM
      #5
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    

    Registration papers usually show bloodlines back at least 5 generations.

    If your horse is a grade then no, you won't be able to find anything out about its parents.
    For AQHA and APHA, at least, they only go back 3 generations on the registration papers.
         
        08-04-2010, 11:26 AM
      #6
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iridehorses    
    For AQHA and APHA, at least, they only go back 3 generations on the registration papers.
    Interesting to know, Iride.

    Arabian registration papers always go back at least 5 generations.
         
        08-04-2010, 01:13 PM
      #7
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iridehorses    
    For AQHA and APHA, at least, they only go back 3 generations on the registration papers.
    BUT you can pull back as far as 8 generations I think it is through AQHA's website. You can use your "free" money if you are a member.
         
        08-04-2010, 01:22 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    ApHC only shows parents and grandparents. But you can pull up more if you are a member... on their website.
         
        08-04-2010, 03:38 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iridehorses    
    All Breed Pedigree Query works if someone put your horse's name in there to begin with. You can ignore the subscription choices and look at the menu bar on top. Type in your horse's registered name and it will give you a 5 generation history of your horse. You can click on any of the horses in the pedigree and it will expand that horse. If there is a red star next to a horse's name, then there will be more information - such as picture, accomplishments, etc.
    Thanks so much. There is a red star by it but I don't seeany pictures . How do I get to them?
         
        08-04-2010, 04:55 PM
      #10
    Showing
    If you click on that horse, it brings up the new horse and on top of the pedigree, next to his (her) name are little boxes. Just pass your mouse over the box and any information and/or pictures will pop up.
         

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0