Yesterdays lesson went well. I rode in my friends antares again just to see if that made a difference. We started with the same under saddle work that we did last week and then worked on adding in a line. My ankles were killing me but I was able to sit back into the saddle and sat thru his kick outs with out a problem. Jack hasn't so far been a fan of using his hind end. When I push him up in the canter to get him from stalling out I often get a little kick out. In my saddle it feels like a small buck since I'm always perched forward. In the other saddles I am able to get deep into the seat and they just feel like a little hiccup.
I also was able to buy a pair of jointed stirrups off a friend at the barn and so I rode in my saddle with those today. I was able to get my heel down better but still would end up perching and resting my hands on his withers once we got going. I can't believe it but the saddle makes such a huge difference! Yesterday was fun and I felt like I was able to work on our performance. Today was frustrating because I knew where I wanted myself to be positioned but just couldn't get myself there.
As soon as my other horse sells I am going to put things in full motion to get a new saddle. I'm hoping to get a test saddle of the M. Toulouse Annice since it is a knockoff of an antares. I just hope that the person that is looking at her for a second time this weekend will buy her!