Gosh its almost two months since I last wrote in here. Such a lot has happened too. Petra's out of work due to damaging both high suspensory ligaments on her fore legs. Atleast I know whats wrong with her now, poor baby. She has to go back for a scan in just over three weeks to see if the shockwave treatment has been working. Fingers crossed it has, and then I can start riding again.
Meg is getting bigger all the time. She's almost half way there now. She's quite happy out in the field, so I decided not to keep her in light work in the end.
And little man Willow, well what can I say. He's a little angel, I'm sure. Him and Ellie have come on so much lately. She falls off regular now, but takes it all in her stride, and Willow tries to help her out as best he can. If she does fall, he minds not to step on her and stays beside her constantly. I feel there is a true bond/friendship going on there. He's always so pleased to see her too.
OK, now for some other news. My friend is going away to Australia on a working Visa in a month or two, and she wants to give me her horse Velvet.
That would mean four horses, five next spring. I've got to make a decision soon.
and I just don't know what to do. You see Velvet has arthritis of the coffin joint, and is intermittently lame. Although she is currently undergoing treatment to try and make her sound. So you see, no one would buy her, so my friend wants to give her to me. I just can't decide what to do. She's a beautiful mare, about 15.1hh and only 8 years old. Oh decisions decisions.
Well that's enough for today.