I am so bad at starting and leaving journal threads because I get wrapped up in the one great ride and MUST post about THAT one ride ASAP!
I will do my very best to keep this my active thread for most of the summer!
So far we are about half way done with our summer....whoops!
So far this season we have:
* Entered and competed in two local schooling shows and placed better then I would ever hope for the first show outings and couldn't be happier!!
* Attended two clinics, one with Charlie Pinnio from California (2day) and a one day out to Lake Bay to see our favorite Beth Both clinics gave us a lot to work on and pushed us to really ride like we mean it and hold Ollie responsible for doing most of the work not me nagging him to do so.
* Recenetly this week we went on our very first long 2 hour road ride and did fabulous! No naughty baby behavior or spooking of any sort.
* We have found both our working trot and warm up trot and have goten to where Ollie is doing al the work form behind in our working trot to lift up his front end and go forward into the contact and I can work on what my body is doing while he goes and does his job.
* We recently just purchased our very own dressage saddle, a older but not to old Keifer Wein and couldn't be more pleased with how it is working out for us at the screaming deal of $495!!!
* Our canter had really come along but still need to work on the transitions and getting him to sit into them with no tension through the poll to shoulders.
* We just started 1st level work after our training level work warm up in our rides and so we are incorporating 10 meters, leg yields, 15 meters, and cleaning up the rest of the work!
For the rest of this summer, till about the end of September we will have the best riding weather, the last 18 days here have been rain free but muggy, or hot, or DRY or HOT AND DRY!!
August 28-29th Charlie Clinic
September (DTBA) last local on island schooling show
One last summer visit to Beth's out in Lake Bay
One of my big hopes is to get the job I interviewed for and be bale to pay for outside local lessons 2-3 times a month to start my jumping work again and more work on my flat work.
So for our daily work out currently we are riding 40minutes to an hour long. Working transitions, bending lines and very correct straight diagonals at walk and trot. Asking for much more sitting power in the hind end and lifting his shoulder up into the transitions. Really demanding the square halts. Working shoulder fore and baby leg yields into our canter transitions. Running through parts of both training tests and 1st level tests to smooth things out and up the anti in our work to better prepare for this winters off island local schooling shows where we will be riding two tests in one day shows at training level until my scores show I am ready to move up.
Our hopes are that I get this job and can put money away for our first E.I Show season of 2-4 shows
Here are some current photos of him so that in hopes I keep this journal going I can reference before and after photos and hopefully video as well!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read and fallow us!!
First three photos are from July 13th 2013 and will be where we start with picture wise!