Conversation Between Kayty and PintoTess
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 20
- Aww that's too bad :( hopefully your back and competing again soon :)
Tess is amazing as always! We got champion at our last two comps but the most exciting things is that in January me and Tess are going to orange to to compete at state dressage! Who'd have thought? My tiny pony and me!
I also got an OTTB who's coming along well so maybe I have another dressage horse there As well :)
- Hi there :)
Well no dressage for me at the moment, haven't had anything to ride for 8 months unfortunately. Billy is only a yearling, and Hugo's been crippled in the paddock. Had my first sound ride on him yesterday after 18months off, so am hoping I'll be able to get some solid work into him over summer and think about getting back to comps towards the end of 2012.
How about yourself and Tess?
- It is a long time, but I hope he'll be worth the wait - well, he'd better be considering how much he's costing me :O
Nope, the reason I got him is because his owner couldn't ride him, he didn't have the brain for her to deal with. I can deal with him, but to be honest I think I'll just be wasting my money as I want a horse to compete on again and he is far too unreliable. He'll go beautifully for a week, I'll be riding trot half pass, 10m canter circles and playing with changes, then the next week he'd just completely switch off and 'forget' how to get off the leg to the point of getting dangerous with his reactions.
Not sure what's going to happen to him now, I know his owner won't ride him, I guess she'll try to find someone else to ride him. Though Tor was talking to me about it and said good luck to her to find someone that would be able to both deal with his antics AND be willing to pile money into him with no guarantees of success.
- Thanks mate, I'm pretty thrilled with him. I'll be paying him off for a while and going against all my morals by having to live pay check to pay check for a few months, but it's worth it. Though waiting 2 years to be able to ride him is going to be a killer!
Bob, I sent back to his owner. He just wasn't worth the time and money, nice horse but very unreliable. I was also fairly sure at the time that I was going to look at buying a youngster, and couldn't have afforded to do so if I still had Bob - PLUS I'm now working 6 days/week so no time!