The Horse Forum - Conversation Between Kayty and ChingazMyBoy
Conversation Between Kayty and ChingazMyBoy
Showing Visitor Messages 11 to 20 of 25
  1. ChingazMyBoy
    01-11-2012 09:21 PM - permalink
    I think he'd make an amazing eventer. But I fully think - some jumping would be great. Only, for breaking up training. Of course...
  2. Kayty
    01-11-2012 08:21 PM - permalink
    Billy is going to be a dressage horse, he's bred for dressage and I bought him with dressage in mind ;) Though his sire can certainly jump. I'd do a bit of grid work with him to break up training, but certainly wouldn't 'waste' him on eventing :P
  3. ChingazMyBoy
    01-11-2012 07:59 PM - permalink
    Uhh, Hugo. :/ , I'm sure Billy will stay sound. Do you have future plans for him? Will he just be a dressage or will you be doing some. -cough. Eventers. -cough.
  4. Kayty
    01-11-2012 01:05 AM - permalink
    That what is really eating at me, the fact that I have tried so **** hard to get his hock sorted out, I only get a couple of weeks of work with him, and now this. It's so hard to keep pushing on with these injuries when you get so many blows in the process.
    Billy had just better stay sound!!
  5. ChingazMyBoy
    01-11-2012 12:57 AM - permalink
    I guess you can really only wait and see, how he heals. Hopefully he heals well for you. You really deserve it, you've honestly done so much to try and make that horse sound and then this happens. :(. I understand why you wouldn't want to risk too much pressure and causing another injury trying to ride him. Hopefully Billy turns out to be a superstar!!
  6. Kayty
    01-11-2012 12:55 AM - permalink
    There could be, I'm looking at a minimum of 3 months confinement with support bandaging. The vet said I can start doing some in hand work when he trots out sound. So minimum of 3 months, but more likely to be longer. Then it will be at least 6 weeks of hand walking, 6 weeks of walking under saddle on firm surfaces and then start some trot work.
    Problem is that the scar tissue isn't overly strong, and could give way with too much pressure. It will be so easy to re-injure the ligament that I don't know if it's worth trying to ride him.
  7. ChingazMyBoy
    01-11-2012 12:44 AM - permalink
    Is there any chance of a recovery to a point where he can be worked? :(
  8. Kayty
    01-11-2012 12:43 AM - permalink
    Yep, he's finished :(
  9. ChingazMyBoy
    01-11-2012 12:37 AM - permalink
    Hugoooo? Again :( :(
  10. Kayty
    01-02-2012 06:45 AM - permalink
    Haha crawler :P
    He's alright, I was away for NYE, got home yesterday and found that he'd had a fight with a fence. So now he's coated in purple spray, as well as everything else. If he can stay injury and illness free this week I'll be moving him in with Billy and then start lightly lunging again.
    How's Chinga, show jumper extraordinaire?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome