Conversation Between Tyler and Barrels4Lyfe
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 20
- Sounds like fun! (: What do you do at work? I don't have a job yet. So I'm my own employer at Amazing Horse People Enterprises :P jk, I really just do school, hang out with my friends, and ride of course.
It was below 0 here the other day, and we got a day off school because it was so cold. It's in the 30s now. Nebraska has so many mood swings it's hard to keep up with the weather here lol.
Things are never dull around here, my dog just had puppies, 11 of them. Right now me and my friend are trying to keep one of the puppies alive. Her name is Ninja because the day she was born she was laying on the concrete floor for 6+ hours, her mom had shoved her out of the kennel somehow (no clue how) and I didn't find her until I got home from school. We were up till 3 or 4 last night with her. She had 3 seizures last night and we thought she was going to die but we got her drinking formula and she's doing great now!
Buuutt anyways, hope things are going well for you! (:
- You could say that again! Same to you! Tango Niner Two | I'm Tyler and I was born in '92 It's been forever since I'm posted anything on there... I don't have as much time to blog/social set work/do anything tech related as I used to.
Let's see... Last October my older brother got married, beginning of November I moved to Peoria, and end of November I drove to Georgia with my folks for Thanksgiving. Been trying to take it easy since then; just working and living life. =) It's just opposite here - high of -5 on Monday and a high of 40 today. Man, it's been so long since I've been riding... might have to get out for a bit on Monday when I visit my folks!
- Wow....it's been forever lol. First off...happy holidays! Lol. In response to your last message, what's the name of your blog? I'll have to look it up sometime (: What have you been up to? I have been in Pennsylvania visiting relatives for the past week, and just got home yesterday. It was 60 degrees here yesterday but it's down to 12 degrees as a high for today...it doesn't sound like riding is in the near future for me, sadly. Haha
- Spirit turned 2 last February. I just looked up when I got him on my blog... he was sooo shaggy when I bought him! Couldn't help but laugh. =)
Spring seemed to only last a couple weeks here - it's already been feeling like summer for a while. We did get a pretty nasty spring storm two nights ago (same night as the Moore, OK tornado) that took our pole barn out (thankfully not the horse barn) with a straight-line wind. Snow that late? Craziness! How much did you get?
lol! Bareback is definitely... interesting... during shedding season. One year Oakey was shedding so bad that I got enough hair to make a horse-hair blanket if I'd wanted to. =P
I got to go trail riding on a Friesian a couple weeks ago (I think she was about 17 hands). It was super awesome! One of the most challenging trails I've been on, too. I couldn't get over how bumpy she was, too (first time to be on a Friesian). I don't think I stopped smiling the who ride!
- Lol this late response thing is becoming a habit for both of us it seems!
That's great!! (chasing cows is SOO much fun! ;P) That's awesome about his color! How old is Spirit?
It's SOO nice that spring is finally here!
We had snow on May 2nd...talk about crazy! :P School is out on May 15th!
I'm also glad that Babydoll is FINALLY shedding out...my brilliant idea to ride bareback in the spring turned out very...interesting. :P I had more hair on me than she did on her after that ride! She did great though!
She's still a little fat, we're workin on that! Can't wait to show this summer!!
I also am working with my friend's horses! Simon is a 12-13 yr old Paint, he's about 15 hands. He's a gorgeous boy! I'll probably end up using him for western pleasure, as he's not a speed horse, but he's got beautiful gaits. Then she also got two other horses recently she wants me to work with.
I'm also learning to rope...that's turning out quite fun too!
Wow, it's been awhile. Haha
- Holy Cow, it's been forever since I've logged in...
For sure! Busy isn't all that bad - keeps me out of trouble (for the most part). =P Oakey's doing awesome! I haven't had too much time to ride him lately, but I'm hoping that with the weather getting nice I'll get to get out sometime. Spirit's getting more tame - I can pet him without him shying away. He loves chasing the cows, with drives my Dad nuts. =P I just noticed that his coat is changing colors, too! Before it was a light buckskin, but It's turning dark grey as his winter coat falls out.
Anything new and exciting happen in the last three months?